Monday, March 2, 2009

ice skating/date night/Elmo party




Last weekend Amanda went ice skating for the very first time at a birthday party for her girlfriend or I should say, "Tinker Bell" The very creative mom had buckets with the kids names on them. This really helped Amanda since it was her first time skating.







Amanda fell once and didn't want to skate anymore. After a quick break she said, "I am ready to back out on the ice!" After she realized that everyone falls she didn't get upset about falling anymore. We told her we were so proud of her persistence:) She said, "I just kept trying."
I hope she keeps this attitude with her school work in the future:)

Since I couldn't get out there my sweet girlfriend helped her along with her son:) They looked so cute together skating:) Don't tell but I think she's got a little crush, she saw him on Friday at bible club and was chasing him and grabbing him around his waist and just laughed!














After the party we decided to try a pizza place we had never tried before for lunch. Amanda took one bite of the pizza, spit it out and said, "this is gross!" ha ha Of course we told her that was rude and not to ever do that especially at someones house! But my hubby and I both had to admit the pizza wasn't that good and she was just being honest.
After the party we came home for a minute to change and as you can see Amanda came up with a very creative outfit:) A skirt with pink leggings and red socks! ha We headed out to a local bookstore for a birthday party for Elmo:)
They had story time and Amanda made a few pictures and a card for Elm0. They have posted her Elmo card up at the bookstore for everyone to see:) I guess its her first art display!







I love this pic of them together! We took this last Sunday when we went to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant. We were sad that mamaw and papaw couldn't join us as they normally do after church but papaw was sick. After this Amanda came home and took a three hour and fifteen minute nap. The full weekend tired her out.







After the Elmo party we took a short nap, then daddy and I dropped Amanda off at mamaw and papaw's and went out on a date night. We went to our favorite "special events" restaurant. This was our belated Valentine's dinner out since we had a family style Valentine's day last weekend and already had this planned. I got to sit by former President Bush and Hillary Clinton was right behind me too. (They have caricatures of famous people all over the walls) My hubby finally got to have his lobster and I had the best crab cake I have ever had:) We are in a restaurant club there and now we fianlly have enough points for hubby to get a free Lobster dinner on his birthday! He won't admit it to you but he is soooo excited because last year we didn't make it there enough and the year before I messed up the deal by not wanting Lobster. (I don't care for the texture of it)


Next we were off to the basket ball game:) At halftime the world's most flexible man performed. My husband found this very gross:) I thought it was strange but funny:) He came out in a small box and broke himself out. After it was over they put him back into the box and my husband was like please throw away the key!









Pretty flexible, we figure he doesn't have any joints or something.





Yep that's his behind! Pretty wild!