Friday, March 13, 2009

Just gets sweeter:)

Today well, actually yesterday we had an appointment at the lab to have blood work done since that is what you do all the time when you are pregnant. Anyone that knows me well, knows that the mere thought of having my blood taken from me is enough to make me crawl under the covers and refuse to come out for the day! I hate it! I would rather have a tooth pulled without any pain medication!
I had a very bad experience with a lab tech when I was a child and I have never been a fan of having it done since. So I had my appointment at 1:30 and at 1:10 when I should have been walking out the door I called and cancelled it. I just couldn't go!

So today we tried again for 1:00, I took Amanda with me as my support system. She watched them take her blood the last time when we went to the doctor without even a whimper:) So I figured with her along it would force me to be the grown up that I am, so I wouldn't scare her. We got there and there was a major back up so we weren't seen until 2:30:) I sat there feeling like the world's worst mother for not feeding my child lunch. I figured we would be done by 1:15 and I could take her out to lunch for being my helper:)

We were finally called back and I sat down, and they put that rubber thing on my arm which is usually when I either pass out or have to lay down, no joke:) Amanda took my purse in one hand and then grabbed my other hand and held it. I almost cried! She watched the entire time, and I looked away the entire time.
The tech was awesome and knew what he was doing, I told him straight out that I am a big baby and didn't like people taking my blood so he was awesome. I really didn't even feel it and for one of the few times in my life I can report I don't even have a bruised arm!

Afterwards I asked Amanda where she would like to go for her by then 3:00 lunch and she said, "Chick-filet" with such excitement, so off we went. She told me, "I am starving" which ofcourse made me feel even worse but at least she ate all of her chicken, fruit, and drank a strawberry shake, I guess the poor thing really was starving.

As we were eating lunch I told her how much I love spending time with her and how much I appreciated her helping me to be brave. Amanda said, "You know what the best thing about being together is?" "Holding each other!" Ok, I almost cried again:)

Being Amanda's mommy just gets sweeter which makes me a little nervous about baby number 2 because I won't be able to spend as much time with her as I do now, but I am sure it will still be sweet.