Anyone that has ever asked me for directions knows it is just not one of my strengths:) We were thinking of buying a GPS to help me out, but since our own address wasn't listed until just recently we saw no point. Plus, we knew the day would come when we would have to buy a bigger vehicle. So we would wait for that day in August or until our other car died:)
Well, this morning I got a phone call at 8:00 am, and I thought, "what idiot calls someone at 8 on a Saturday morning?" Only it wasn't an idiot on the other end it was my sweet but slightly frustrated husband. The car had broken down and he needed me to pick him up. We said we would be right there and he told us not to hurry.........Amanda was still soundly asleep since she had gone to bed late 2 nights before so she was making up for lost sleep. I wrapped her in blanket and carried her downstairs hoping to not wake her and just as we get ready to go out the door I hear this soft voice and it says, "please put me down." I told her daddy's car broke down so we had to go get him she replied, "Well, I need to put clothes on!" ha ha I guess she really hasn't ever gone out in her jammies so it was a first for her!
I told her what road daddy was stranded on and a few minutes later she said, "this isn't the way to ____________road." "You have to go down _________road and then ______road."
I told her you can go that way but today we were going a different way and about 10 minutes later I realized oops this isn't the way to _________road she was right after all! ha ha I told her she was right so she was thrilled with that. She just beamed but didn't say anything like I told you so or anything.
"______road ends and ________road begins mommy "she said. She was right again!
I am so thankful for my new GPS and even more thankful that I have it everywhere I go and most of all, it is FREE:)