We can't believe the weekend is almost over, this week really flew by for us. We started the weekend the same way we did last Saturday morning, yes, I am still laughing about it! I awoke at 7:45 to the phone ringing with my husband at the end.....he said you are not even going to believe this..........I went to Walmart, got my hair cut (all of the things he was trying to do last Saturday when the car broke down) and the car wouldn't start.
I couldn't even believe it, 2 weekends in a row, what are the chances? Of course, I had to laugh and laugh! That is how I deal with stress! Plus, when you look at the big picture that we are healthy and happy, a car breaking down is really no big deal. OK, so it is 2 times in a week and after $$$$$'s fixing it......so maybe a little frustrating, but it's not the end of the world. I did make the commitment to my husband to start getting in the mood to talk cars. Anytime he suggests it, I am conveniently not in the mood to talk about it. I really do not enjoy the whole car buying experience and hate big decisions like this. I would rather just drive the same car for another ten years but with another baby we are going to need something reliable and a little bigger.
We were able to get the tow truck to come and go back to where they had fixed our car, we just picked it up on Thursday so I remembered how to get there but took Amanda as my GPS anyhow.
Then I dropped daddy and Amanda off at her first dance class and then ran to the grocery store:) I really wanted to cheer daddy up since he wasn't feeling real happy about the car situation so I stopped and bought him and Amanda breakfast at McDonalds to eat after class. I think that helped a little.......Amanda loved dance class and told me they danced to Hannah Montana:)
Later Amanda went and spent the night with Mamaw and Papaw and they brought her to church to us this morning. She had a wonderful time! Thanks Mamaw and Papaw we always count our blessings that you love us, live close to us, and help us out a lot:) I am thrilled Amanda can be close to her mamaw and papaw!
While Amanda was away keeping mamaw and papaw in line........we had five other couples over and 2 babies over to watch the Fireproof movie. We have had it since late January and hadn't watched it yet, it was really good! We are thankful to have such nice couples as friends and had a wonderful time. The babies were so happy and so good:)
This morning it was strange getting ready without our Amanda! It was nice to spend some extra time together as a couple though:) We went to church and had the opportunity to listen to a little girl from Africa sing. Our church brought her here for a life saving surgery and now she is heading back to Africa. She is an orphan and the song she wrote and sang made me cry! What a sweet and appreciative little girl! After church we went to our favorite Chinese restaurant with Mamaw and Papaw! They told us Amanda was and "angel" for them, so hopefully she will just keep those wings on this week for us:) It is going to be a very busy one:)
Well, I better run my daughter just informed me that she has now changed her name to Hannah Montana! I think I need to go talk her out of the name change and could use a nap!