Thursday, November 1, 2012

Van or Suv?

  October started with a car accident on October 1st. We really know how to start the month off right! NO, a lady decided it would be the perfect day to run right into us, so she did.

Thankfully, we were OK, but since our car got a "boo-boo" it needed to be fixed. So we had to rent a car while it was being repaired for a few days. I asked for a car that could fit a booster seat and a car seat. I drive an SUV which was a real stretch for me at first although, now I love it. They gave me a VAN to drive. When I questioned their choice for me they said didn't have anything in at the time, but I could have my choice of five different VANS! Good Grief!

NEVER in my life did I think I would ever be caught driving a VAN. I am sorry to offend anyone that drives one, it is not the look of them or that I don't think they are nice, it is truly ME and my inability to PARK and judge distances! My dad calls it a "spatial difficulty" which as much as I hate to admit it.....I think he is right!
I really think objects appear much further and sometimes closer, than they really are. I think it is improving, although my hubby might object to that since he tends to notice when I run into the garage doors/sides. So that is why a VAN is simply not a good choice for me!
But we survived a few days of driving one, but no, now that I have had the "Van Experience" I have no desire to ever own one. Every time my hubby says we might have to get one when the girls are older to transport their stuff and friends.......I cringe!

While at the repair shop.....Amelia and I stuck together. Finding a honest place to repair your car can get tricky. They did a good job repairing the car from the accident but did try and pull one over on the Blond when I wanted them to repair the other side of the car from some of my "garage blunders" but no worries, I simply laughed and told them I would never pay such a ridiculous amount for a small repair. I am sure I can find someone else who can be reasonable and honest to fix the other minor repairs!


Amanda loved the Van and didn't want to give it back.



She was upset the day we went to return it.....

but she quickly turned her frown upside down when I told her our car was fixed. As you can see, Amelia didn't care about any of this. The accident didn't even phase her!


I will admit to liking the spacious back......

but I was happy to say good bye and  have my car back!