Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend fun:)

I continue to be amused by the things my daughter says, she sure keeps us laughing even with a slow and rude waitress waiting on us.



Friday night we went out to Bob Evans to eat dinner as usual the service was slow but when you get free entertainment it is worth it. The waitress was very angry because she was sat 2 families at one time in her section so she let us know! She was very vocal and fighting with the manager, making noises as she walked by us etc. When she took our order she was very short and borderline rude. I asked for a bread basket and she told me that they no longer give out bread baskets and bread only came with my meal and compared it to how 7-11 no longer provides free refills of coffee......interesting to a non-coffee drinker.

When she took our order she said, " What do you want, OK, next" and Amanda just looked at her like she was nuts. The minute the lady left Amanda said, "boy that lady sure is bossy" How right she was!

Later the waitress teased Amanda and told her that she could not have any ice cream since she didn't eat all of her food. (um....someone was stepping on our parenting roles) Amanda didn't say a word just looked at her strangely. Then she laughed and said she was teasing and said, "do you want ice cream?" Amanda shook her head no! (you go girl, don't let a mean waitress get to you) Then she said I will get you some ice cream do you want it?" Amanda shook her head yes. (OK, note to anyone who wants to give something to a child that is not yours....it might be nice to ask the parents if it is OK to offer first before asking the child:) I love Bob Evans but I am not sure I will ever be able to talk my hubby into going back..........and not sure if Amanda will want to go back either...maybe I will have to go by myself next time:)



Saturday morning I didn't get a phone call but once again our car broke down for the third time in a row of Saturdays. Thankfully, my husband had just finished getting gas so the station was able to help him get the car started so he didn't have to call me. I really thought he was joking when he came home and told me, I mean really now what are the odds of your car breaking down three Saturdays in a row?

Amanda and daddy left for dance class and I left for the spa to relax since I still had a gift certificate to use from my birthday. I did relax once I got there but I had to drive my husband's other car which is something I have only done four times because it is a 2 seater and so small, it has always made me nervous. Just ask my hubby, on our third date he put the top down and drove on the beltway, it scared me to death that I couldn't stop screaming. On Monday, after a trip to the doctor's we are going to test drive new cars. (not my favorite activity but unless I want to drive the 2 seater every time he takes Amanda somewhere than I better put on a happy face and look)