Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt

Finding eggs in the indoor Easter egg hunt




On Saturday we went to a church in our community to an egg hunt. Amanda attended bible school there last summer and loved it so much we plan to attend again this year. We met in the sanctuary for a story about Easter. The kids were invited to come up front and sit and of course Amanda ran right up to sit next to the story teller. Kids started interrupting during story time as they often do and I leaned over to my niece and said, "I am so thankful Amanda does not do that." ha Of course, it wasn't five minutes later that Amanda informed the teacher that there was only one angel at the tomb not 2! She also informed her that Jesus was born in a cave! Yep, my daughter is now one of those kids that speaks out when a teacher is teaching. I will have to work on that with her since I really don't want her interrupting teachers telling stories.
Next the kids were broken into groups by age and since it was raining the hunt was inside their beautiful classrooms. Amanda followed the crowd and told me to not come. I think she was thinking she was back at bible school where she just loved being away from me for a few hours!










After the hunt we went into their fellowship hall where the children opened their eggs that were closed with stickers. Amanda put all of the stickers on my hand for a pretty decoration.







She loved opening the eggs and came home with a load of candy.










She enjoyed some refreshments and lemonade:)



Her older cousin and friend came with us. This brought back so many memories for me because I use to take my niece to egg hunts when she was three:) I can't believe she is so grown up now. Life happens so fast!


















I love this pic of the oldest grandchild with the youngest granddaughter at least until baby K arrives in August:)


















Amanda found a ticket under her chair (my favorite thing) so she redeemed it for a huge chocolate bunny on a stick. I had a ticket under my chair and so did hubby but we gave them to others to enjoy since we wanted to share the sugar high with other children:)

I love going to this church for events because everyone is sooooo friendly. They love our community and children even though we don't go there to church. The pastors come right up to you and talk to you, people introducing themselves and taking interests in us left and right. That is something I really miss by attending such a large church as we do. I have found that unfortunately, the bigger a church becomes, the less friendly it becomes for some reason. Yet, there are pros and cons to everything and I am certain this church doesn't have the incredible choir and orchestra and worship time we have at our church. So I guess we will just have to enjoy both churches for what they are since I have yet to find a perfect church:) As my dad says, "it might be perfect but only until I get there!"






The best part of the hunt was eating that chocolate bunny! (not sure where she gets her love for chocolate)