Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mannequins Obession!

Today was Gymboree day! Amanda jumped out of bed and wanted dinosaur nuggets for breakfast so I let her. While I would love for her to like the typical breakfast foods...it just hasn't happened and after a year of trying..... I have given up on my daughter ever liking traditional breakfast foods like pancakes. It was a sad realization and giving up the dream I had envisioned of those Saturday mornings making pancakes in the shape of Mickey's head or bunnies for my child. Oh well, the nuggets are easier anyhow. I will just look back with fond memories of my mom asking what type of pancake we wanted and no matter what we said she could actually make the pancake to look like it. The doctor told me to just go with the nuggets because that is what her body is telling her she needs. So we have nuggets and fruit for breakfast at our house most mornings and I will get over it eventually!


We enjoyed our Gymboree class this morning and then went with our friends to ride the Carousal after class. We went to a couple of stores to see if some items had gone on sale........they hadn't.....so we decided to go home for lunch. But on our way out the door, my mannequin obsessed daughter has to run up and jump on the platform to stand next to the gal. She just doesn't stop with this obsession. I thought she had learned back in March when we had the mannequin episode number 1!

We were walking to the car and I was looking down and fumbling in our bags and purse for just one second for my keys...once I found them and took just 2 steps forward, I realize Amanda is no longer right next to me and I look up and see her "POSING" on the platform, right next to that lovely mannequin! She had the cheesy smile on her face and I thought I would lose it! I knew I couldn't laugh because she would do it again? (although since she did today I now know I could have laughed back then!) I got her down and told her I was very upset with her and that was very naughty and she would get a spanking when we got home. Of course, she promised not to do it again! Whenever I am upset with her or have disciplined her she says, "are you happy now?" She wants me to just be happy all the time and quick to forgive! (ummmmm.....a good lesson for me here) BTW-she ended up getting out of that spanking the last time but didn't forget how mad I was because when Pappaw asked her about it the next day she showed him how she posed and when asked if mommy was happy she looked down and said no! ha Maybe she will be a model one day and she is practicing? No, we don't want that lifestyle for her although she does have the supermodel diet down some days, carrots, lettuce dipped in ranch dressing, tomatoes, pickles and cucumbers:) That really is her favorite meal!

After mannequin episode number 2, we stopped at Subway for lunch and a trip to the craft store for some art supplies for mom. It was a relaxing day compared to the others we have had recently so it was nice one! Tomorrow, is grocery shopping day since Monday was a holiday and we had company it didn't get done. We might just take it easy and go to the playground tomorrow....we will see after grocery shopping! I do love grocery shopping and it was a favorite activity to do every Monday with Amanda. Seriously, we would take 1-2 hours shopping and talking about the food, going down every isle, and learning new vocabulary, etc....I even remember one day singing and talking away to her and then looking in the cart and she was fast asleep! But then, Amanda turned 2 and shopping has been let's just say........a little more of a challenge! The driving the cars aren't that appealing anymore......sitting in the cart is so over rated at this age.......why it is much more exciting to go down the bread isle and see how many loaves she can squeeze before I can grab her! (Oh yes, this has happened twice!) We are learning new strategies for shopping now and making trips much shorter. She has graduated to now standing in the cart and placing all of the food on the belt, "all by myself" then she is allowed to hit the green button that says yes we want to pay for our groceries. She does a good job with this and has only hit the red button to cancel the order once! Thank God the cashiers know and love us at our local Giant. After the whole banana eating and yogurt incident how can they not?