Monday, May 26, 2008

The Great Wolf Lodge Trip!

The surfing tank looked like fun but mommy and daddy didn't give it a try this time!
The scary green slide is something I rode on a raft with mom and dad. It starts inside and then goes outside and then in again. It was night time so it was very dark and we couldn't see a thing. I came off of the slide white as a ghost and didn't say a word for several minutes. Then I said, "lets do something else" The next day I told my parents I wanted to try it again! They tried to talk me out of it but I impressed them with my wanting to try it again so we went for it. I held my head down and closed my eyes the entire time. When we got off I told my parents "I don't want to do that again" The next morning when I woke up, I said, " I do not want to go on that green slide!" And I didn't! I did have my parents take turns walking up four stories and going down the other slides because I thought it was fun to watch them slide down. I had them doing that all day long! They were tired so mommy got to go to the spa (it was one of the things I got her for mother's day) she had a wonderful massage while daddy and I went on an adventure hunt throughout the lodge. I had a magic wand that I would put on pictures/objects and they would light up or talk. It ended up scaring me since we had to go through a spooky forest!

THE SCARY GREEN SLIDE!
I love the fountains! I just love water period!
I liked pumping the water.
The first night we ate at a restaurant that had booths that were made to look like tents. I loved the buffet and had fun going around telling mommy what I wanted on my plate. (my parents aren't into going to buffets so this was new to me!)



A rare picture with mom since she is the one that is usually taking the pictures!
The craft room at the Lodge was amazing! Like a little preschool room! Doesn't daddy look cute sitting at the little table on the tree stool?


The Lodge had a great craft room for kids. One day I made a fish with my dad. The next day I made a t-shirt with my mom and an ice cream cone picture! I played on the computer, and with the toys. I loved the shopping cart. I have always wanted a shopping cart but my mom told me I have enough things that I can pretend they are shopping carts. I just use my friends at her house since I don't think you can really "pretend" to having something you don't have can you?

The Indoor water park had several slides, a wave pool, lazy river, kids lake, surfing tank, and so much more!







We loved the river and riding on the tubes. We talk about our "favorite" part of each day and I told mommy it was "getting splashed with the water on my head" I just loved it! Those swim classes on Saturdays have really paid off! I even taught mom and dad how to blow bubbles in the water and kick. Maybe I will be a swimmer like mom? Don't worry Pappaw, I won't quit the swim team and will get that scholarship for swimming in college!


Story time at the CLOCK!
Every night the lodge has story time for all of the children. The clock and animals all do a show and talk. Even the racoon came out of the tree and the tree talked! Then the lady read a story by the fireplace.
I enjoyed the story and when another child tried to take the girl's toy that was sitting next to me, I suggested she "put it away" I love to protect other children and their belongings!
















Daddy bought a package deal at the lodge so I was allowed to pick out any animal I wanted to stuff, like Build A Bear. They had a bear, wolf, dog, horse, and what did I choose? A pink poodle! Daddy was just thrilled with my choice since he just adores poodles! I used my foot to pump the white stuffing into the poodle.

"No it is too soft" I told the lady so we pumped some more stuffing into my poodle.








The finished project! They even put my poodle in a little house that I could carry around. What fun I had!











No I still need more lady..................so we pumped more! What a nice lady she was and so very patient with me and my pickyness over my poodle being too soft! The entire staff was very nice at this lodge, even the painter who was walking down the hall stopped me and pulled out a balloon and made me a blue poodle! I was so impressed and so was mommy since he asked her first if it was ok quietly before asking me.
I really love my pink poodle!


The Arcade at the lodge was even better than going to Chuckie Cheese! Yes, Emmie you read that right!










I loved the arcade at the lodge! No mommy, they aren't going to let you replace Vanna White so stop practicing!










Daddy teaching me how to shoot and play violent games.

Playing in the arcade was fun. I loved all of the driving "toys" and yes, the shooting games too!












Pulling tickets out of the machine was fun, I earned over 500!
I love driving the bus!
The Lodge was a combination of all of the water parks I have been too, build a bear, Chuckie Cheese, Elizabeth Arden, and restaurants under one roof. I loved the arcade and earning tickets but ofcourse, anyone that knows mom and dad well, know how they are when it comes to earning tickets at Chuckie Cheese. They are ticket obessed so move out of their way! Especially, when mommy gets near that skee ball!













Daddy teaching me to be violent and shoot a gun. At least, Pappaw will be proud!
The indoor water park was incredible! Amanda loved pulling the rope on the showering tree!














Amanda loved the wave pool! We rode the waves on tubes and had a blast! Very relaxing family fun!
















The wave pool! Amanda loved these slides and went up the steps and down the slides over and over again.















Vacation, all I ever wanted, vacation all I ever needed! The three of us needed some much needed time away so we went on a min-vacation! We saw an ad on TV for a place called The Great Wolf Lodge and decided to take a trip to check it out! We thought if might be a fun Winter trip, but with our busy schedule we just now made it! We loved it and as Amanda said many times, " I am having so much fun on cation!" (and yes, we let her wear that turtle outfit over and over again. She is really into wearing certain outfits everyday and if they aren't clean gets upset! Just ask Grandpa about the icecream shirt not being clean and mommy making her wear the flower dress 2 year old fit! My mammaw said my mommy was the same way when she was young so it is pay back time for mommy!




The lodge and trip exceeded our expectations so much so we never left the lodge the entire time we were there! We cannot wait to go back! It is a great place to take kids! I cannot wait to take my mom and dad again! ARK:)