Saturday, January 5, 2013

Amanda Christmas Program 2012


I was so excited to attend Amanda's first Christmas program at her new school. I wondered what it would be like since it is not a Christian school like the one she attended last year. It was a day I will never, ever, forget for sooo many reasons...........


Each class performed a couple of songs. They did a great job!


Hubby was able to make it to the program which made me happy! Amelia enjoyed the music!

Amanda lost another tooth making her minus three teeth! Too cute!

My precious girls!

After the program Amelia and I went home to change and eat lunch before heading out to gymnastics. Afterwards, we stopped at our favorite coffee shop for a bowl of soup before picking Amanda up from school. What was a fun day to celebrate this beautiful season was a life altering for sooo many!
The exact time my daughter was singing her heart out at school with her first grade friends........was the same time a monster ended the lives of 2O first graders and 6 teachers, just ten days before Christmas.
What was suppose to be a magical season for these little ones some the same age as my sweetheart and the kids I just saw sang........ended that day by a monster that only the devil could create.

It is a day I will never forget, and I will never stop praying for those families. I will cling to my own kids more, and appreciate them more on a daily basis. I know life is fleeting but something like this...just makes it all the more real, how we have to live life to the fullest everyday and not get caught up in all the things that simply do not matter.
 The lives of our children and our time with them is to be treasured! I will never stop praying for those families and have always said a prayer for my girls when I am driving away from dropping them off at school......but have added a whole lot more to that prayer!