Today while I was grocery shopping with my sweet Amelia......she said, "I really want a dog!"
I told her dogs were a lot of work because you had to feed them, walk them, and they poop and pee everywhere and you have to clean it up. I thought that was enough to make her not want a dog because she thought is was gross that you have to clean it up.
Later she said, "But I really want a real, live, dog of my very own!" She really emphasized that she wanted it to be "real."
I asked her what color she wanted? She told me, "I want a real, black, dog of my own!"
She just didn't stop and kept going on and on about wanting her "own, real, dog" and by this time we were in the car.
Again, I told her how messy they were and how she would have to clean up after it. She promised that she would "take care of it all by myself!!"
I told her once again that she would have to clean up the poop with a scoop and she sweetly replied, "But mom, I would train it to use the potty!"
I laughed the entire way home and told her it would be the first dog to go on the potty for sure! I told her maybe we could invent a doggie potty to train dogs to go and market it and become very rich off of the idea. (She didn't care about the rich part but loved the idea of getting a dog to go on the potty and she promised that she would teach her dog all by herself! I told her we will visit a doggie soon but didn't think we could get one. Honestly, most people I know get a dog BEFORE they have kids.......I guess it is too late for us.......
She talked about wanting a dog the rest of the day! I feel sooo bad for not getting her one! TOO BAD, HER DADDY WON'T GET HER ONE! (I think he is germophobic or something!) ha ha