Monday, January 3, 2011

The Making of Rudolph

Since Amanda had some time off from preschool before Christmas, we decided to head over to Build A Bear and use a gift card that we had been given. Amanda was given one another time and we went to use it back when Amelia was about 6 weeks old.....it wasn't the greatest experience since after we had already made Mr. Bear and we were ready to leave I then realized that I had left my credit card at home due to my postpartum brain. So, Mr. Bear had to stay overnight with the nice lady at Build a Bear until we could come back the next day and pay for him. Needless to say, that lovely experience stuck with my child and she had no desire to go back until she saw on TV that she could make Rudolph.........








She had a blast making Rudolph for her little sis, and his girlfriend Clarice for herself. Amelia had a blast as well and enjoyed using the foot pump and saying "hi" to everyone in the store.

I wish I could have taken more pictures but my camera was only working for a few minutes that day..........someone who will remain nameless dropped the camera way too many times....I have to say it is a good thing Mommy got a new camera for Christmas and daddy didn't get her the Fisher Price camera that he had told her he was getting her.








Amanda loved giving Rudolph and Clarice a bath and Amelia enjoyed watching her do it. She is so into anything and everything her big sissy does and imitates both good and bad behavior nowadays.
She has learned to say "no, no" and points her finger when she does it. She told her sister to "obey now" the other day! I think she is pretty good at keeping her big sis on task.










Poor Amelia's overalls were way too long, they were Amanda's at one time.








When I look at this picture of Amelia looking up to Amanda it really just makes me say, "Thank you God for giving me my girls to learn from one another!" What fun we had, but this will not become an annual tradition because personally I think that place is fun once and after that, pretty much a rip off.