Tuesday, August 28, 2012

What did u say?

Sometimes the things that come out of my kids mouths well, I know where they came from. Other times, they just floor me and I have to write it down so I won't forget to tell them when they are older the things they said that cracked us up!

We were eating dinner tonight. Something triggered a conversation about our wedding and how the DJ called the pastor to come up and pray before everyone started eating dinner. Only the pastor never came up! We looked around and he and his wife were not at the table. HELLO? He knew he was suppose to pray....so where was he? My sis and Matron of Honour quickly said, "Dad can pray, tell them to call my dad up!" So the DJ called my dad up to pray on the spot and I felt so bad because it was a total shock to him after the very, very, very, emotional day of giving his precious, precious, daughter away! ha ha (Ok, maybe one too many precious!)

He did a great job and prayed a beautiful prayer and I still remember a lot of that prayer today eight years later. It meant a lot to me!

As for the pastor, he was late to the reception because he said he had to clean up the rose petals that the flower girl dropped. ha He was a bit of a character!

So we were talking about this tonight and I said how I felt bad that my dad had to pray at the last minute and hubby said, "Well, at least he didn't say the wrong names!" Then we laughed!

Amanda immediately started laughing too and said, "Some day you will have to tell me the story behind the birth of that joke!"

My girls keep me on my toes and I have a feeling they will keep me hopping all the way through the high school years but at least they will keep us laughing!