Today is a special day! It is not our wedding anniversary........but it is an anniversary that every year my hubby reminds me of...........any guesses? It is the first time we met in person! We had met online thanks so much to match.com. I didn't share that info with too many people for a long time...but it is OUR STORY and looking back I can see the hand of God all over it! Not to mention I had gone to just about every church in this area looking for nice single men, and most of them were taken......or were looking for themselves, or waiting for the perfect job, and the perfect woman. Forunately, for me, I am not perfect!
Today marks 9 years since we first met in person. We had talked on the phone and you know I had seen some pictures. (I had learned from my previous 50 dates from match.com to get pictures before you go out!) Although, they weren't always accurate pics, but I will save those stories for my book on dating!
We met at Macaroni Grill and when I arrived he was waiting on the bench........so sweet. I was really late......like almost 30 minutes which is totally not the normal late arrival time for me. I mean 10-15 minutes....but looking back I just can't believe he waited 30 minutes. I am not sure exactly why I was sooo late.......I didn't have another date scheduled that night. I did tend to schedule two dates for one night because I figured if I was going to take the time out to get all gussied up....I should get dinner and dessert out of it!(I was a poor teacher so eating out was a treat!)
Plus, it really was a good excuse if I didn't care for the dinner date to say I had to leave for an appointment or to meet a friend........but this night he was the only one scheduled so why I was late I do not remember but I am sooooo glad he waited because he was starting to think I stood him up and I only did that once to a guy and it sure wasn't on purpose.
He was waiting at one restaurant and I was waiting at another and they both had the word "Grill" in them so it was a total misunderstanding even though the guy didn't believe me and even yelled at me......I am soooo glad hubby waited! Although, it took me a little while to like him.......I thought he might be a "player" at first because I saw his fancy car that he was trying to hide! I didn't expect him to call me again........and I wasn't sure about him....after another great date, and then an absolutely horrid third date....I didn't think we would ever talk to each other again........but he changed......and I tried to be on time more.........(after almost 8 years of marriage I am doing pretty well in my eyes being on time) But unfortunately, my eyes and my watch aren't the same as everyone's sometimes. My girlfriend thinks I am doing much, much better so at least someone has noticed!
Looking back I think it was a good thing to be late for a first date..........because at least he knew what he was getting into! ha ha
I invited him to church and he came........it was a special 9/11 service at the church we attended. One of my mom's friend's predicted we would get married that night only she shared that and embarrassed us...she was right! Here we are almost 8 years later, more in love with one another than we were when we married. With two beautiful girls to love and cherish. I knew God had someone wonderful for me even though I had to wait for His timing........ waiting is a good thing!!! I am so glad he waited for me that night!