Sunday, May 6, 2012

Praying!

I am loving listening to my girls pray these days! Of course, Amanda prays more elaborate prayers or uses this prayer cube that is adorable that she made in kindergarten during art time. (Love that school!) We pray all the time.....everywhere.......for everyone......strangers........people we know.......I want my girls to be spontaneous about praying and know that they do not have to be in a church, or even feeling "holy" to pray. They can pray anywhere at anytime. So we pray over the little and the big.

 This past weekend we were driving to a play......daddy wasn't feeling well but thought he was just tired. On the way to the play he started having really bad back pain and once we got there he had to leave the play to go lay down in the car. We had gone to see Five Little Monkeys Jumping On The Bed and he didn't want the girls to miss it so he sat in the car and waited for us. Once we got back to the car he was in sooo much pain and it was clear that I needed to drive. (You know he was in severe pain to allow me to drive!)

I told the girls, "We need to pray for daddy!" 
Amelia looked up to heaven, folded her hands together, and closed her eyes and prayed, "Dear God thank you for my family, please help daddy to get all better soon! Amen!" She prays expecting God to answer!

I wanted to just stop the car and get out and hug her for such a sweet prayer but needed to get my hubby to the hospital and fast. We did get there and the girls and I waited and I tried using my hubby's cell phone to call my parents to see if they could come and get the girls. I couldn't figure out how to use it since it is a new phone and I am sooo not into cell phones. I had left mine at home with my purse! I think I was just a little nervous because when my dad got there he showed me that I just had to push the button that said "Power."
Yep, I was a little nervous for my hubby since they had rushed him back so quickly! (Apparently, back pain can also be signs of a heart attack)

The receptionist in the ER told me I could use the courtesy phone so we went over there only an old man was talking away to his golf buddy about how he had gangrene and wouldn't be able to play but someone could take his spot. I was sitting there like come on old man, I need to get a hold of my folks so I can get the girls out of this ER before they see anything scary. Trust me, we saw some scary people some who wreaked of alcohol.....one emotional woman walking up and down crying.......one mom struggling with the effects of cancer......one bloodied face woman, so sad to see just a glimpse of what others were going through.....

My parents got there quickly to take the girls, they hadn't eaten dinner! They took them to eat and to play at their favorite Chick-fillet pass bedtime so the girls were thrilled! Then they tucked them into bed but we got there before they fell asleep....

We have sooooo much to be grateful for! God answered all of my prayers as I sat there for three hours waiting to see what was happening to my hubby. I went back with him so he could get a cat scan done....I was soooo thankful we have such amazing doctors in this area...and that hubby has a sense of humor. The cat scan tech told me that he would let him out in three days if he behaved.....my hubby joked that I shouldn't wait!

I thought of all of the things it could be.......prayed and prayed......Ambulance after ambulance rolled in with people that were hurt......one family lost a loved one and was screaming no, no, I love you! It was sooo sad.......and scary...I begged God to heal him quickly and  He did! By the time we left the hospital 3 hours later.... we had a diagnosis of a kidney stone and the kidney stone had passed.......of course we weren't exactly sure about that when we read the report.......and wondered why all the prescriptions they gave us.......but I guess that is just in case there is another one because right now my hubby is doing well and feeling fine. We are sooo thankful that God heard our prayers and acted so quickly for us! We are so thankful we can pray when and wherever we want and hubby has joined me in my no more diet soda campaign. (Diet Soda is not good for kidney stones) BTW- My mom told me passing kidney stones for a man was the equivalent of having a baby....seeing my hubby in that much pain does make me wonder! Thank you God for blessing my family soooo much! You are sooo good to us!