This week we were driving home in the dark from our favorite baby sitter's house when Amelia said, "Mommy, I am scared!!!
I told her we didn't have to be scared because Jesus will keep us safe and said, "When I am afraid, I will trust in you!"
Then Amanda quoted a verse from Joshua about being strong and courageous to her little sister and told her she could hold her hand!
Amanda learned the verse with her daddy through a program called Awana that we attend. I cannot say enough about this amazing program and the couple who run it! They really know how to teach the kids how to learn the scriptures and motivate them to memorize it not just for a prize, but to truly hide in their hearts and apply it to their life. It has been an absolute thrill to see my daughter do just that this week! Such a proud mama I am.
The other night she told her daddy about a verse in the bible about how we must confess our sins and believe that Jesus died on the cross for our sins in order to spend eternity in Heaven. Hubby told Amanda that he thought that was one of the most important verses in the bible. Amanda said, "I think it is THE MOST important verse in the bible because if you do not call on the name of the Lord, confess your sins and believe that Jesus died for you then you won't go to heaven!" She was quite adamant about it being the MOST IMPORTANT verse.
I pray she will continue to hide God's word in her little heart forever!