Today when I was looking through Amanda's work from school with her I commented that she had made a pumpkin patch and asked her, "Did you talk about pumpkins at school?"
She said, "No, I just saw someone else draw a pumpkin and they just inspired me or something!"
Today I told Amanda that I felt like I didn't get a very long "Mommy and Just Amanda time together" today. She agreed and I told her how that time was so important to me especially now that she goes to preschool every day.
She said, "Kindergarten! You keep saying preschool and it makes me feel like I am five and I am five and 1/2!"
I am trying to come home from dropping Amanda off at kindergarten and play one on one with Amelia with whatever she wants. Then I try and accomplish one household task before we leave to pick Amanda. (Yes, she watches Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at this time and honestly it is a very educational show!)
Then while Amelia is napping in the afternoon, I am trying to have "Mommy and Just Amanda time together"
I will admit that our new schedule leaves little time to get stuff done or for myself, and I am tired but I know how quickly these years have gone with Amanda and I am more and more determined to just enjoy playing, loving, and teaching my precious girls!
And yes, after reading book after book at bedtime last night and still hearing, "Read one more book mommy" from Amelia that I felt like saying, "No, I am tired and want to go to bed!" But then I thought of Kellie and how much she wanted to be here to "see her little Andrew grow up" and suddenly reading one more book even though I was tired........was seen as more of a privilege that I have the breathe in me to do just that!
We did eventually go to bed and get some rest, I am just focusing on what I do get done each day, instead of what I do not! It is a much less stressful way to truly LIVE!