I love to write down the funny things my girls say for their scrapbooks. I really love how and when children develop their language skills. It is fun to watch and listen to.
Today, 7/25/11- will go down in history for me. Every night as part of our bedtime routine, I say, "I love you!" using both words and sign language to Amelia. For a long time she just looked at me, then smiled at me for a while like she knew what I was talking about.....then she started trying to say it but it would sound like, "I bo you." Next, came the trying to do the sign language but she would always point to herself when she said, "you" BUT TONIGHT, which just happens to be her 23 month birthday......yes, we sing Happy Birthday on the month milestones.......and yes, it probably confuses our children because they wonder where the cake and presents are........but back to the story.
TONIGHT, my precious one said, "I love you" using her words very clearly and signing it correctly all on her own! AWE! I think this will make my week for sure! (Although, after all the cleaning I got done today, my week had already been made!) I am loving that Amelia likes her loooonnnnggg Naps and Amanda has been doing very well with having some quiet time too! You go girls, I love you both dearly and am so thrilled to be your mom! I am even more thrilled that Amanda keeps telling me, "Being a mom is what you do best!" Awe....what am I going to do when she goes to school every day this year.....I think school needs to be three days a week from kindergarten to 5th grade!