Monday, July 25, 2011

Only one more month left..........

Only one more month left for someone to be 1. Yes, our last month of having to remember just how many months old our daughter is when we are asked. Now, we can just say 2!

I have never completely understood why we have to share how many months old our children are up until the time they are 2, but it is must for some reason because when I ask someone how old their child is I too want to know how many months old too. Are they closer to one or closer to two? It does crack me up though and stresses me a little to remember because honestly, time goes so fast and since my one daughter was born on the 25th and one on the 26th of another month and I never can keep that straight on registration forms for classes, etc.....adding how many months is even harder for me so I am looking forward to just saying, "2" and hoping I don't have to put a "terrible" in front of it! We didn't have to for my oldest at 2, we were able to wait until 3 for that one, but thank God she has grown out of that stage!

Sweet Amelia,
We continue to be amazed by you and the love in my heart for you seems to grow minute by minute! We are so blessed that God sought to give you to us and will always see you as our little blessing sent directly from Him!
We are stunned at times at your vocabulary and all the words you not only know, but actually understand what they mean because you use them correctly in sentences. I am constantly left in awe of the new skills you learn or the way you show me you know something that I just know we haven't taught you! Like the other day when you went around touching all of our heads and saying, "duck, duck, duck" I don't think we ever taught you that yet......still wondering where you learned it....but amazed by you.

 You love your Sesame Street friends even though I think Mickey and his friends are still number one in your eyes.
 I love how your whole face lights up when you smile!
 I love how you like rides that spin around and tried to make me dizzy on the tea cups!
 I love how we can read a stack of books together without you losing interests. I love how you want to reread books, "One more time!" We hear that alot from you right now!
I love  how you love to pray, and you love to go and see plays, and shows with music in them!

I could go for you coloring on your face a little less........but it better than the walls.

 I love how you like your milk and can use a straw!
I love how you love your sweet older sis!

 I love that you are my little choco-holic! Shh...now that you are talking so well we are going to have to keep our sneaking chocolate breaks a secret...I love how you love babies and are so sweet to them!

 I love how you are so easily amused and what a great sense of humor you have already!
 I love how you are content to just sit and take a little break sometimes. I like that you are so observant! You must get that from your older sis!
 I love your beautiful blue eyes!  I love that mischievous side you are showing......it does scare me a little but at the same time it can be so fun!
 I love that you love to run and play outside!
 I loved it when I caught you and your cousin kissing during prayer at the dinner party for mammaw! I know I should have kept my eyes closed but when you kept yelling, "Amen" I needed to see what you were doing......
 You are simply lovable..............you have always been a hugger, and one to cuddle with people you love! I love that!
I love how you listen to your "teacher Manda" so well and how you follow her around. I love how well you play together and well, even you little squabbles are cute!
 We know that you do not like the "boom boom's" so we will avoid those..thanks for letting us know though!
 I love that you can wear some of your older sissy's clothes and the memories they bring back......
 Ofcourse, I love you in some new clothes that are just yours too! ( A girl can't wear ALL hand-me-downs) I love that you love your hats!
 I love that you love wagon rides......sledding rides in the snow......and even stroller rides sometimes!
 I love your smile..........I love that you like ducks! I love that you like to color your placemat when eating out.
I love when you look up at me to pick you up! I love holding you and carrying you around. I know it won't be much longer for moments like this because you are growing soooo fast so I have to just treasure these special moments as long as I can!

 I love that you like matching your older sis! You too are sooooo cute! My sweet panda's!
I love watching you play on the playground, your climbing skills simply amaze me for such a petite little one!

 I love how you love slides!
 I love watching the two of you play! I do wonder if you realize you don't have a baby in your stroller?
 I love your face when eating ice cream!
I love how you sing songs and are starting to get the lyrics correct. You sing, "Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you." I love hearing you sing Jesus Loves Me! "Jesus love me, this know, Jesus love me, bible tell so!" I love how you loved attending your big Sissy's chapel so much that you tell me, "good bye," and when asked where you are going you say, "chapel!" You love to sing "New Life, New Life!" I never get sick of any of the songs you sing and love to hear you sing, "That's Elmo's Word!" Even if you sing it over and over when you are tired so much so that you drive your sister a little crazy with it, don't worry mommy thinks it is cute!

I especially love how you have started to show that you have so much compassion and kindness in your heart! I love how when you are given a Hershey kiss you say to me, "Manda" and then you run and take it to your big sister and then come back to get another one for yourself!  I love how when you hear Manda cry or she gets hurt you run to hug her and comfort her. When you hear a baby cry at the store, you grow concerned and say, "baby crying!" I love to see these signs of a Healthy Heart in you and pray that they continue to grow and flourish in you so you will grow up to be a compassionate, kind, and loving, wife, mother, daughter, friend, and President of the United States.

We love you and wish you a happy 23 month birthday to you! I just love you my precious baby girl!
Love, Mommy!