Sunday, May 17, 2009

Time flies.........

Time flies when you have a three and a half year old:) This week was no exception. We got back late Sunday night and put our sleeping daughter in her bed with traveling clothes on and all. I wasn't about to wake her to put pj's on her. The plane trip completely drained her of all of her energy until..........the next morning! She woke up bright-eyed and ready to face the day with the questions of the day. "What day is it?" and "What do we do on Mondays?"

We had to run out to get a bit to eat since nothing in our fridge was probably safe to eat after being on vacation.....and then we ran a few errands, I dropped her off at mamaw and papaw's and went to my last mom's meeting. Monday just flew by!

Tuesday- we met our friends at Sports class and Amanda practiced her tennis and badminton skills, they have an adorable mini tennis net there and we practiced hitting the balls/birdies back and forth. It is fun to go to classes where I get to participate and learn too:)

I was thrilled when my other 2 mommy friends told me they were not staying for open gym because I was so tired and I had told Amanda we couldn't stay but knew deep inside she could easily talk me into to staying if her friends were. (mommy guilt would kick in) We ran to the store to stock up for the week, and ate lunch there. We hadn't done that before so Amanda was thrilled with eating lunch at the grocery store deli:)

Wednesday- we went to our last Cow and Wow club of the year until Fall. We were sad to tell the teachers goodbye but thrilled to hear they will be back in the Fall. We had a breakfast together with the other ladies and some said goodbye to a dear friend......but we aren't saying good bye to this dear friend until the last minute and plan many great times together this summer:) They are moving to Italy for three years and Amanda and I are going to miss them dearly! She's one of those "true friends" so accepting, caring, loves God, and her son is Amanda's future husband and play mate. After playing with him one day she told me, "I love playing with tough boys!" We plan to make a trip to Italy in the next 3 years. Just have to wait for baby to get a little older......sounds funny considering she's not even born yet:) (I'm not rushing you to grow up baby girl, I promise!

We met mammaw and Uncle R for lunch to get our Firehouse fix which we needed after vacation. (I love their chili)

Thursday- was filled with more drama than any preggo needs in one day. Let's just say I never knew operating a new car with all of its little gadgets could be so frustrating that it would bring me to near tears. I can only blame hormones and my dislike for changing cars....I am so thankful I have a husband that doesn't mind getting my panic calls at work, charges my cell phone, and can stay calm when I am on the verge of balling:) The good news is I parked the new car in the garage for the first time and hubby wasn't even there. ( I would love to say it was because I decided to be brave or have improved my pulling into the garage skills.....but truthfully, I had no choice!)
Somehow I popped the back window open and couldn't figure out which button to push to shut it, and didn't want to force it closed and of all days it started to rain! I had already caused a commotion when I couldn't figure out how to get the back wipers to turn off, or this green DAR symbol to go away, or this annoying beep to stop. This was after a week of trying to figure out where the CD player was, (it is hidden behind the GPS) and AC. What a day! It did get better when we got home. Amanda and I went fishing in the bathtub:) It was a great rainy day alternative to fishing in the pool. Hopefully the weather will allow us to do this fun activity outside this week.

Friday- We had our last bible club for a while since we are going on "maternity leave"as my girlfriend calls it:) We we planning on hosting a smaller bible camp/mini VBS in June and celebrate our bible club 2 year anniversary:)

Saturday-Amanda went to dance class and she had a sub teacher with the same name. She couldn't believe it. We went out to a new restaurant for dinner and are so excited our friends recommended it. (Thanks M and D)I think it will be my new favorite place! I had the most delicious salmon.We finished the evening watching a movie called "Bolt" which made Amanda laugh one minute and scared her to death the next. She hates for anyone to get hurt in a movie etc. She's so compassionate.

Sunday- Amanda and daddy let me rest and take it easy and they went to church. Amanda made a beautiful craft! We look forward to another week but one that moves at a little slower.........Stay tuned for vacation and May pics.............my daughter has already informed me that I "need to post pics on her blog!" ha She loves looking a pics of her friends on their blogs:)