Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Our week so far.........

I have been ordered by my sweet hubby to get off of my feet and rest for the rest of the evening! Man, am I glad I change my mind about SUBMISSION before I got married! It is pretty nice:) ha ha

So I will journal for the week so far.......this week we started off with daddy being home on Monday so we went out for ice cream:) We finished planting our flowers just in time before the rain started. Amanda has decided "I don't really like yard work mommy." She didn't like getting her hands dirty even though we gave her gloves to wear......ummmmm.........she did enjoy her job of watering the flowers so at least that is a start in making her our future lawn care service:)

We finished the day by trying a new pizza place in town for dinner and a birthday celebration for my brother:) Amanda was so worried that if we didn't get to mamaw and papaw's house "right away" we would "miss the cake" She really loves cake and celebrating birthdays and couldn't wait to "tickle her Uncle":)

On Tuesday we woke up and Amanda asked if daddy was home again. I told her he had to go back to work and she replied, "it's a good thing, we can have peace and quiet and no lawn mowers." ha ha We had no idea the sound of the lawn mower disturbed her "peace and quiet"

We met a girlfriend we hadn't seen since February and her little girl for lunch. It was so nice for me to catch up with her mom and the girls enjoyed being together again:) Then we jetted off to sports class and learned to play soccer:) After class we had a few minutes before a play date with another little friend so we did a little shopping and of course Amanda talked me into getting her a "treat" She really had been such an angel all day so I was easily talked into it. Plus, being pregnant with number 2 has brought on a "mommy guilt" that I can't quite explain but has left me giving in to her suggestions a little more frequently. I know, I know, it's bad but will come to an abrupt end in August I am sure if not before then:) ( I'm finishing up reading "Mommy Grace" which really is helping me deal with "mommy guilt" I think most moms experience whether they choose to admit it is a different story:)

We met our friend for a play date and then went to the grocery store to pick up a few things.........by the time we got home we were both beat and I told my hubby all we had done and considering we are suppose to be "taking it easy" and "lightening our schedule" he was a little shocked we had run so much.

It is just hard not to because I know we will be slowing down and be stuck at home more when the baby comes, so it is sorta our last "hurrah" and the "mommy guilt" of knowing I will not be able to just run and run with Amanda once the baby is born.......

Today Amanda's playmate/babysitter came to play. They played go fish, planted strawberries, a panda grass head, did an egg experiment, cleaned out Amanda's "special activity drawer" in the kitchen, and played with play dough:) Amanda also introduced her to one of her favorite shows:) We also enjoyed celebrating baby sitter's birthday:)

After the sitter left Amanda declared, "Miss __________ wore me out!" ha ha I laughed soooo hard!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a lot more energy today and was able to get a lot of cleaning done which made me feel great!

Tomorrow, we are going to see a special play and then a puppet show called "Sleeping Beauty" we normally wouldn't do both in one day but since it is quite a drive away and we already paid for the play tickets before we scheduled the puppet show tickets we will try and do both:) It should make for an interesting morning:) We will have to compromise and miss cooking class-but we can't do it all:) Plus, the regular teacher will be back tomorrow so I am really not that worried:) We will catch up on pics soon.........when we stop running around so much:)