Wow, time really flies! (especially when I get on the computer) I will have you know since being diagnosed as having an Internet or computer surfing addiction by none other than my sweet, caring, husband, I have been shortening my surfing/researching time. I cannot help it if I love to research things or organize all those sweet pics of my girl....but I am working on this addiction, I really am. I have a certain computer limit and I have yet to go over it daily...except I may tonight.....why some days I don't even go near the computer even if it is calling my name.... but then that is always the day that someone sends me an email needing to know something! This computer/Internet age is really nice but it is also something that can really take over the time that could be spent in a much more valuable way....so now I have a new thing to add to my already crowded list of "things I am working on" I will keep you posted after I am in the "recovery" stage of my addiction.
So, enough of that, my lovely daughter is doing just fine. She has really enjoyed all of the attention and playing around with her cousins! We finished the week with a trip to a local water park and had a blast! There wasn't a line at the one water slide which happened to be our favorite so my nephew and I went down it over and over again. (my bum is paying for it today, or that could be from the less than graceful tumble I took at the park) Oh yes, haven't tumbled in years until Friday! Let's just say my nephew should have caught me! But no, he was too busy walking ahead of me and when I almost had his arm as I was going down, he turns completely around and says, "what?" leaving me to fall flat onto that lovely cement! But I am ok, Dr. Amanda was on the verge of crying when she saw I had "boo-boos" that were bleeding. She quickly opened the bandaids and placed them on the wound which really was sweet! She did the same thing the next day and even called me "patient" and used a Q-tip to put cream on my wounds. She then put a new bandaid on it and said, "what patient?" she will surely be a doctor one day. I am sure if I keep on falling like this I will definitely need one in the family!
Yesterday, we had to tell another friend good bye, I really cannot believe this! We have had to say bye to four families of friends in the past month! And the sad thing is......this isn't the end. Thank God for blogs and the Internet for this reason and this reason only! We finished the evening playing Catch Phrase with my neice and nephew and watching the "family dancer" from our wedding reception video. That was such a fun and nice memory:) We need to watch that more often.
Today we had a wonderful Father's day. (I guess I am speaking for my husband and dad on this one) But I assume we had a nice one. We started the day with breakfast for my honey and my niece and nephew who spent the night with us last night. I surprised them with cinnamon rolls and quiche, only to learn they don't like quiche but they liked the rolls. Then we went to church and our class. I must say we really enjoyed our class!
Anyways, we finished our day with lunch at Outback and my sis and brother in law met us. Then we went over to mom and dads and my baby brother and his family joined us. We had a fun time and now it is time to go to bed. I really like this Mother/Father's day thing...maybe we should do this weekly?