








What another busy but exciting weekend! We started the weekend by going to a show with some friends about recycling at an outdoor theatre. It was interesting because I forgot to tell Amanda it was outside and she said, "I didn't know it was outside mommy" Amanda loved the show and participated when asked too! We had fun and then had a picnic with some friends on the lawn outside the theatre. We drove around exploring for a while and then found a Chick-fillet since Amanda never eats well at outdoor picnics with friends because of her excitement. We finished off the evening with daddy bringing dinner home for us on Friday night. We usually would go out on Fridays, but since I got a little bug or something that has drained me a tad we decided to conserve our energy for Saturday.
Saturday was a big day, one we have been waiting for, after daddy took Amanda to her new class in the morning, (swimming and art class are over) this is a class that teaches group play skills in a padded room:) We have been waiting months for this Saturday because of........THE BACKYARDIGANS CONCERT! I must say out of all of the concerts we have been to the past few months: "Elmo Live" in December, "Playhouse Disney Live" in March, and "The Doodlebops" in April, this concert was my favorite so far. It was at a nice theatre downtown so they wouldn't allow pictures, but let me tell you the scene changes were amazing! The show really held Amanda's attention and it was an hour and a half long plus intermission so I was so proud of her. Especially since the concert was in the middle of the afternoon when she would (most days) be napping! The concert wore me out though and I went back to bed when we got home and daddy and manda went to a cookout with our small group that we enjoy doing a bible study with. I was bummed I couldn't go but since I haven't figured out if it was my allergies or a bug yet, I thought it was best to stay in and sleep, and read:) Today Brian let me sleep and took Manda to church. She told me she learned about Noah. Last week, she came home and told me to "say no to satan and yes to God" she had learned about "the first man and woman mommy" and proceeded to tell me all about it. It was so cute because she is at such an expressive stage right now and really gets into story telling. She said that after they had eaten the apple, "they were so embarrassed because they were nudey, nudies" In case you don't know that is what we call someone who isn't wearing any clothes. It all started when Amanda was going through the phase of only wanting to wear a diaper and no clothes all the time. I explained to her she would be a nudey nudey and she didn't want to be that way but of course she latched on to that right away and hasn't let me forget it. One day I let her watch a show about bugs and spiders based on a children's book series called Miss Spider. I came downstairs and there she was buck naked. She had taken everything off. I asked her why she would do that and told her she had to wear clothes and she replied, "I am a bug and bugs do not wear clothes mommy" I thought I would die because when I looked at the bugs in the show it really was true, they didn't have clothes on....after a few minutes of convincing her to wear clothes she was back to being my little clothed love bug!
So how did I get on that anyway? After church we thought we had a birthday party for one of Amanda's friends at a gymnastic center where the Olympic team practices sometimes. We arrived and they told us the party was upstairs so we went up there and didn't know a soul! I just stood there looking around and wondering what to do since no one asked me if I needed help. I finally asked someone if it was Ashley's party and they told me no it was Ryan's. Opps, we were at a boy party and we had a gift wrapped in pink princess paper. I looked at the table which would have clued me in if I had noticed it earlier...and it was a Race car party! We went back downstairs and asked and they told us we might be at the wrong gym.....then they checked and the party didn't start at 2 but at 4:30! So we were just a little early with some time to kill.....so we went and found a restaurant called "Friendly's" we didn't realize there was one still in our area so we decided to have a early dinner......really early.....but since we really didn't eat lunch we thought it was ok. We had a fun family time together and then headed over to the party at the normal time. I am not sure why I had it in my head that the party was at 2, maybe because the party last weekend was at 2:30? I think my daughter is going to have to hire a personal assistant to keep up with this party schedule of hers!
We did take lots of pictures and the teacher of the party was a gal I worked with several years ago. It was so awesome to see her! What a small, small, world! I will post pics soon. gotta run, we are heading to bed early tonight.........I am feeling so much better but tired again. Tomorrow starts a new week and I think my hubby needs a weekend to rest from the weekend. He has taken such great care of me this weekend and Amanda. I really am blessed to be able to live my life with him! I hope we can both live long enough to celebrate many more anniversaries together like my parents! Today is my parent's wedding anniversary so Happy Anniversary dad and mom! Amanda doesn't remember your wedding and wondered where she was....I told her I wasn't even thought of back then! I cannot wait to celebrate your 50th maybe we should start planning for it now like your friend who is planning hers and it isn't for a few years....?
Saturday was a big day, one we have been waiting for, after daddy took Amanda to her new class in the morning, (swimming and art class are over) this is a class that teaches group play skills in a padded room:) We have been waiting months for this Saturday because of........THE BACKYARDIGANS CONCERT! I must say out of all of the concerts we have been to the past few months: "Elmo Live" in December, "Playhouse Disney Live" in March, and "The Doodlebops" in April, this concert was my favorite so far. It was at a nice theatre downtown so they wouldn't allow pictures, but let me tell you the scene changes were amazing! The show really held Amanda's attention and it was an hour and a half long plus intermission so I was so proud of her. Especially since the concert was in the middle of the afternoon when she would (most days) be napping! The concert wore me out though and I went back to bed when we got home and daddy and manda went to a cookout with our small group that we enjoy doing a bible study with. I was bummed I couldn't go but since I haven't figured out if it was my allergies or a bug yet, I thought it was best to stay in and sleep, and read:) Today Brian let me sleep and took Manda to church. She told me she learned about Noah. Last week, she came home and told me to "say no to satan and yes to God" she had learned about "the first man and woman mommy" and proceeded to tell me all about it. It was so cute because she is at such an expressive stage right now and really gets into story telling. She said that after they had eaten the apple, "they were so embarrassed because they were nudey, nudies" In case you don't know that is what we call someone who isn't wearing any clothes. It all started when Amanda was going through the phase of only wanting to wear a diaper and no clothes all the time. I explained to her she would be a nudey nudey and she didn't want to be that way but of course she latched on to that right away and hasn't let me forget it. One day I let her watch a show about bugs and spiders based on a children's book series called Miss Spider. I came downstairs and there she was buck naked. She had taken everything off. I asked her why she would do that and told her she had to wear clothes and she replied, "I am a bug and bugs do not wear clothes mommy" I thought I would die because when I looked at the bugs in the show it really was true, they didn't have clothes on....after a few minutes of convincing her to wear clothes she was back to being my little clothed love bug!
So how did I get on that anyway? After church we thought we had a birthday party for one of Amanda's friends at a gymnastic center where the Olympic team practices sometimes. We arrived and they told us the party was upstairs so we went up there and didn't know a soul! I just stood there looking around and wondering what to do since no one asked me if I needed help. I finally asked someone if it was Ashley's party and they told me no it was Ryan's. Opps, we were at a boy party and we had a gift wrapped in pink princess paper. I looked at the table which would have clued me in if I had noticed it earlier...and it was a Race car party! We went back downstairs and asked and they told us we might be at the wrong gym.....then they checked and the party didn't start at 2 but at 4:30! So we were just a little early with some time to kill.....so we went and found a restaurant called "Friendly's" we didn't realize there was one still in our area so we decided to have a early dinner......really early.....but since we really didn't eat lunch we thought it was ok. We had a fun family time together and then headed over to the party at the normal time. I am not sure why I had it in my head that the party was at 2, maybe because the party last weekend was at 2:30? I think my daughter is going to have to hire a personal assistant to keep up with this party schedule of hers!
We did take lots of pictures and the teacher of the party was a gal I worked with several years ago. It was so awesome to see her! What a small, small, world! I will post pics soon. gotta run, we are heading to bed early tonight.........I am feeling so much better but tired again. Tomorrow starts a new week and I think my hubby needs a weekend to rest from the weekend. He has taken such great care of me this weekend and Amanda. I really am blessed to be able to live my life with him! I hope we can both live long enough to celebrate many more anniversaries together like my parents! Today is my parent's wedding anniversary so Happy Anniversary dad and mom! Amanda doesn't remember your wedding and wondered where she was....I told her I wasn't even thought of back then! I cannot wait to celebrate your 50th maybe we should start planning for it now like your friend who is planning hers and it isn't for a few years....?