Sunday, February 10, 2013

Amelia's deep thoughts!

Sunday was a special day, because Amanda and her daddy stayed at church for a special Valentine Day's luncheon/party for kids her age. It was sweet for them to have a little date together! So, Amelia and I had some extra special time together after church. I told her she could pick the place for a special lunch together and we could go ANYWHERE she wanted!

She wanted to go to Chick-filet! OOPS. I had to tell her they are not open on Sunday! So she chose....Ledo's. It is much further from our church so I tried to suggest other places, but she was insistent and I did say, "Anywhere you want to go!"

So off to our Ledo's adventure we went. Halfway there.......she fell asleep.......I couldn't believe it! Of all days! I needed to get gas since I had forty cents a gallon off at the gas station near the restaurant so I figured I better go..plus, the tank was on EMPTY which is something I am known for.....and no, I was taught better! I was actually taught to refill when it is down to 1/2 tank but I never learned the lesson completely before I got married........plus, I like it to be really empty so I can fill it to the brim to stretch out my gas discount!

I decided I would just order food to go since Amelia was out......so out that I had to carry the sleeping beauty into the restaurant. We ordered and after a few minutes she woke up fussing that she was tired and just wanted to take a nap! The man behind the counter wanted to help........so he said......"Can she have these?" Then he held up Oreo cookies.
(Honestly, it is a pet-peeve of mine when someone wants my permission to give my daughters a treat but let's them hear me being asked.) Hello....ever heard of a thing called whispering? It works well!

But today, I knew it would make her stop fussing so we could wait for our food so I was OK with it.

She gobbled the cookies down and was instantly happy and in a much better mood for us to go and get gas and drive home!

Before she fell asleep though we had the sweetest conversation.......she may be quiet around others but she is a "deep thinker" and she is starting to warm up and talk aloud more to others. She volunteered to answer a question at Cubbies tonight, and talked to another child! Of course, she was telling him to not put sanitizer from his hands into his mouth because he would get sick.......but at least she is talking!

Our conversation:
Amelia-"Christmas is over, we already had Christmas!"

Mommy- "Yes, Christmas is over and now we are getting ready for Valentine's Day and then Easter!"

Amelia- "We already had Christmas so what is what we are doing now?"

Mommy- "We have Valentine's Day on Thursday and then Easter in March!"

Amelia- "Easter! What is Easter?"

Mommy- "Easter is when we celebrate Jesus dying on the cross and rising again!"

Amelia- "Oh it makes me sad that Jesus died."

Mommy- "Me too!

Amelia- "He died in the HOT LAVA!"

Mommy- "Oh no, it makes me sad too, but He died for our sins because He loved us. He didn't die in Hot Lava, he died on the cross. People were mean to him, they hit him, spit on him, and they yelled at him. But he stilled died for us even though it hurt him, because He loved us!"

Amelia- "Sisters love each other, brothers love each other, I love daddy, mommy, and Manda, and love is good and love does not hurt."

Mommy-"Well, love is good and that is why Jesus died for us because he wanted to take our sins away and he loved us so much. But the people did hurt him but he died, and then rose again. They put him in the tomb and when they went back in three days the tomb was empty!"

Amelia-"What's a tomb?"

Mommy- "Well, it is something kinda like a cave that they buried people in. They put Jesus in there after he died, and the on the third day, God breath life into him and he rose from the dead. He is the only person who has done this."

Amelia-"I am hungry is it going to take a long to get to Ledo's?"

I treasure these conversations and always have a pen and paper handy to write them down because I know I will forget one day, and these are the precious conversations I really want to remember. One day it is my hope and prayer Amelia will ask Jesus to forgive her of  her sins, be her Saviour, and take her to heaven when she dies. I want her to follow him and his ways and these little innocent questions and conversations are all part of planting that seed......watering it......having others help us water it through SS School, Church, Awana, Bible Club etc......and then one day she will trust Jesus and make him her Saviour. I can't wait! This world, especially now.......can get me down.......thinking of the future and how Jesus is being taken out of our world through the government on a daily basis.....makes me so sad for my girls.......but Oh, not for long when I think of eternity and all four of us spending it together in Heaven one day! I am soooo thankful it is not the end when we die since we have trusted Christ and can only pray the same for my girls!