
The day before Easter was Amanda's first post surgery outing, with the exception of getting in the car and driving through a drive- through for an ice cream cone just to get out of the house one day after her surgery. Amanda was so excited to be out of the house and even more excited to attend breakfast and an egg hunt at our church. When I told Amelia what we were doing she asked me, "Why we eat pancakes at church?" "Why we find eggs at church?" "Why church hide eggs?" She doesn't remember hunting for eggs last year!
The pastors cooked the breakfast for the families before the egg hunt. Amanda said, "that was a pretty big breakfast" and she was right. They made eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes, yogurt, fruit cups, and juice. It was all so amazing so well organized which we truly appreciate, with young and hungry children.

We had fun and enjoyed breakfast together as a family. This is something that is so rare for us since daddy leaves for work early, and on the weekends some of us like to sleep in.......not naming any names of course!

After a lovely breakfast the families could go to the end of the room for to do crafts with their kids.

We went to the balloon tent first and they had you choose what you would like them to make. You could have a flower, bunny hat, or peep. Amanda chose a flower and my little peep, chose a peep. I think this was her favorite part of the entire morning! The church had a lot of volunteers running this morning and they even had a balloon training prior to the event to teach the volunteers how to make all of the fun balloons! I was so impressed with them because I can't make a thing with balloons.

Amanda loved her peep so much and held him like he was real!

Amanda loved her flower but I really think she was sooo happy to just be around other people and out of the house!

Next the girls went on to a balloon station where the kids could color with a marker on a balloon bracelet that was made into a flower.

Next we moved onto an egg scratch off ornament craft.

Amelia's favorite craft was the stand up cross. They had some shorter tables set up that were perfect for Amelia, as well as higher tables for the bigger kids. They thought of everything!

Amelia and her cross! She has started to feel so proud when making her crafts and copies her sweet sister a lot now. Of course, I am loving that they like to do crafts!

We also made a cross necklace and then off we went to the egg hunt. They separated the hunts by ages so I went with Amelia and hubby went with Amanda.

Amelia loved finding eggs and was careful to count how many as she found them.

Amelia's hunt was outside and inside a fenced playground that we never even knew existed. It was a sweet little playground.

The church also has two other playgrounds that we know of and instead of mulch they have that nice tennis shoe flooring put in. I am not sure what it is called but it is made from recycled tennis shoes and is nice and bouncy. I like it better than mulch and sand.

Amelia is soooo funny with other kids sometimes. She wanted to get by the other children but didn't want to say anything so she whispered to me, "they are in my way!" I told her to say excuse me but she just looked confused. Then they started playing train together and moved. I love this age! They are sooo funny as they learn how to interact with others.

Amanda had a fun hunt in this nice little park we didn't know the church had either. They have more land than we realized which makes it so nice for the preschool they have there during the week.

I tried to get the girls to pose for a picture together.......no luck.......Mia Rose just has to be in the mood for pics. Mia Rose is what she is calling herself these days now.......who knows what she will be calling herself next week as it does seem to change. She told a lady, "I am Amelia but I call myself Mia."

Amanda helped Mia Rose open her eggs up at home. She was so upset that her little sister only got one piece of candy! She couldn't believe she only had one piece and the rest were little toys. Mia didn't care at all, she found the coco stash last week and we found the wrappers all over the floor. She came in the laundry room and said, "I ate all the bunnies!" She had found the little coco bunnies and ate them all and it was only a matter of minutes because I was just putting wash in the washer.......she is our little coco queen.

After we opened the eggs Amelia found a monster in the kitchen so she needed the tongs to get him. That is what we use now to catch the monsters. So far, we have been lucky and the monsters are always downstairs. I am so glad they aren't in the bedroom closets hiding because they scared Amanda for months a couple of years ago!
What a fun family day we had. We were sooo happy Daddy was home with us this year for Easter. I was thankful that the pastors did this event for the families with young kids. It was nice to just relax and have fun. They served us well, what a nice Easter gift!