Things I am thankful for when the "stomach bug" attacked my daughter last week.......
1) My wonderful mom and dad living close by to take my kindergartner to and from school so I didn't have to drag my sick child out and contaminate the rest of the kids at the school or even worse have to deal with the chance of the "yuckies" coming up in the car! (I would have to get a new car or bicycle if that happened.....I just could never get pass that!)
2)Thankful for my folks taking Amanda out to lunch and bringing me back my favorite Greek grilled chicken salad.
3) My mom staying and playing with the girls so I could eat lunch in peace and have some time to catch my breath and unload the dishwasher. (Moms are a blessing and I hope I can do the same for my kids/grand kids one day!)
4) My hubby came home from a trip! (Of course the vomiting was all over with by that point but hey, I am glad to have him home safe and alive!)
5) For Lysol and Pursue and that I had both in the house!
6) For running water to bath my baby in the middle of the night.
7) That my sweetie remained so sweet even though she was sick and when she saw me cleaning up the lovely mess said,"I help you, how bout we do it together!" I love when she says that!
8) That I have learned to overcome my easily triggered gag reflex and remained calm, and loving.
9) For the extra cuddle time with my sweet girl!
10) That no one else got the bug and for good health now!
So glad kids rebound so quickly! Now if we could just convince people to stay home for a few days when sick the world would be a much healthier place but unfortunately, some don't have their mom and dad to help them out, and others are just plain selfish, yet want to share all their germs with the world. I really have to pray for a more loving attitude towards people who bring their sick selves out and share their germs with us but I think that will take time!
Update: Shortly after writing this you would never begin to guess what happened?
II ended up getting the stomach bug with a vengeance. I don't remember ever feeling so wiped out and so fast. IT is amazing how each of us felt great and then boom comes the bug! The next morning my Amanda got it too but she didn't get it has bad and quickly recovered. Some of my family and friends, (you know who you are) have made fun of me for washing my hands, being a germophobic, being a shoes off in the house girl, and being the disinfecting queen, always having my kids using sanitizer etc.....all I can say is it has been worth it not get this awful bug a lot. Once every few years is about all I can handle! I feel blessed that this bug doesn't visit us much and if all of the above is what it takes from having it return.......I don't plan on changing! Gotta run, I need to make sure the sanitizers are in place for tomorrow!