
Amanda wanted me to play "spa" where she would paint my nails and then I paint hers.
She loves to paint my nails and and does a pretty good job. Of course, it gets all over my fingers too but I try to not wash it off in order to not hurt her feelings since she tries so hard....She loves to give pedicures too which I love!

This day her sweet sis wanted to join in on the fun. I never ever allowed Amanda to have her nails painted at the age of 2 and 1/2 because she would bite her nails but since Amelia typically keeps her fingers out of her mouth.....I let her. We did take her shirt off in case something got spilt. We have learned the hard way that nail polish does not come out no matter how hard I try!

Amelia used the shell dryer to allow her nails to dry. I must say her attention span was nice and long for this activity and she was patient.

She loved the "spa soak" we did first.

She chose her color "pink" and held real still.

She loved the final product and would tell everyone wherever we went that her sister "Manda" painted her nails and show them!

A friend told me last week that I am a "girly girl" and honestly, I am glad I am a girl and if doing things like this make me a "girly girl" then I want both of my girls to be one too because it is fun and relaxing. Plus, right now these manicures are free, who can beat that? I will caution other girly girls, when getting pedicures at any nail salon or spa...to make sure they have changed the filter after the last client because once those jets are turned on...all the bacteria/skin and anything else will come right out of the those jets and into your little pedicure bath! I had never thought of this until a friend who does nails at an expensive spa told me so. There was a special on TV about how a gal got a fungus that way and it ate part of her flesh away. I will never stick my feet into one of those jet pedicure tubs again. They have passed a law requiring the filter to be changed in between each client but due to cost I think it is doubtful they change them that often! (especially the cheaper salons) Just a little FYI and probably TMI but I want you to keep your hands and feet!