Saturday, December 31, 2011

ICE 2011- A tradition continues.......

We continued our tradition of going to see the ICE show at the Gaylord this year even though we had to do it without daddy! This was our third year and my first, without my precious helper and boy, oh boy, was he missed! Originally, we thought he could attend but business called!  We tried to find someone to take his ticket and come with us but my parents were attending a concert, and I hated to take a friend away from her hubby on the weekend, and how could I invite a mommy friend and tell her that I didn't have a ticket for her children? So.....off we went on an adventure for sure!

The hardest part was getting the girls are bundled up, with mittens, hats, boots, etc......

Amelia does not like to be bundled up or where shoes or socks for more than five minutes so keeping boots on was a real task!

The girls had to wear parkas on top of everything and Amelia threw herself down onto the ground and screamed when I tried to put hers on. She refused to walk so I had to carry her since I forgot the stroller.....she would not pose for pictures since she wouldn't let me put her down so Amanda posed alone. Amanda really enjoyed it, Amelia....well, not so much. She hates the cold!










Amelia enjoyed the train ride because it was outside of the cold...

One of the workers saw how frustrated I was while waiting for the peguins to come back since the girls wanted to see them that she offered another free train ride, I told her I was happy to pay but she INSISTED it was on her! Nice little blessing!

By the time we got to the end and I wanted a Christmas card pic by the Merry Christmas wreath made of ice......Amelia was crying and Amanda had just stopped crying because she thought I left her in the ICE thing because she didn't see me behind her and panicked. Did I mention how much we missed you daddy?




The girls had a blast once we were in the hotel and made gingerbread cookies and took lots of pics with the characters from the movie.


Amelia ate more candy than she decorated with..









Amelia loved the fountain and didn't want to leave it.

I love this pic!