Monday, December 26, 2011

December fun!

We are so far behind blogging about December fun because we have been so busy having so much of it! We started off celebrating Advent with a Christmas dinner and service at Amanda's school. We do love that place! The girls were soooo attentive during the service and had a blast with friends at dinner!

The girls were standing on the heat vent so their dresses would blow up and they thought it was a scream!

Amelia is funny around Amanda and her friends and tries to act just like she is the same age! It is a scream to watch!

We continued another tradition of going to an annual Tiny Tots concert only this was the FIRST year without our sweet Amanda since she was in school. We really missed her! We arrived super early after dropping Amanda off at school so Amelia had a chance to chat with the principal and they quickly became friends!

They escorted us to the front row so we could have prime seats! I think I will be taking this little charmer to any future concerts or athletic events we attend if a little charm gets you on the front row!)

Amelia loved the music and all of the characters, the kids in the concert allowed her to play several of the instruments which thrilled her!


I had such a great time watching her expressions throughout the concert. Kids are soooo much fun to watch!





We all had such a great time!
Amelia put on her shy face though when it was time to meet up with some of the characters afterwards and wouldn't take pictures with them.

Frosty!

Pooh with his honey!

Rudolph!

The Lion King! I think his name is Simba but I have only seen the movie once years ago so I am not up on it!

Mickey and Minne were there!


And Santa and Mrs.Claus too! I do love this annual event and am so proud of all of these young kids learning an instrument and sharing it with the tiny tots! The only sad part of the the whole concert was there is no mention of the real reason we celebrate Christmas or even the words, "Merry Christmas" it is always "Happy Holidays" or "Seasons Greeting's"....not sure why I should be shocked or disappointed I should know that just because we were founded as a Christian Nation Under God, that doesn't mean a thing today. What a sad reality.