Amanda coming into chapel with a smile and singing. She had been talking about Easter chapel for weeks! She really thought it was a huge deal and wanted to wear a fancy dress. So cute!
Since on Chapel days she goes to school in the afternoon.....we decided to go to lunch out near the school so we wouldn't be late. She kept asking me what time it was and "are we going to be late?" I asked the man behind the counter what time it was and she told me "you need to start wearing your watch!" She told me, "I think the parking lot is filling up, is it time to go?"
ha ha She is soooo right and soooo perfect for me. I have often heard that I am the perfect mom for my children etc.......well, my kids are the perfect kids for me and do know how to keep me in line!
God sure knew I needed all the help I can get!
Amanda's class made this mural of Zacchaeus.
Amanda was thrilled because the teacher used her Jesus on the mural! Amanda kept telling me for weeks that they were using her Jesus on the mural in the classroom but I didn't realize it would be in chapel! She was soooo excited!
I think she made a good Jesus with sandals too! It has been fun to watch her "people making skills" develop this year. They are getting "bodies" now and details on them that they didn't have before.
The pastor called Amanda, and two of her classmates up to answer questions about the mural they made. Amanda did a great job and talked into the microphone. On the way home from school she said, "I got to talk into a real microphone!" She was so excited that her teacher had chosen her and didn't tell her till that morning. Otherwise, she would have been nervous! I was sooo very proud of her but I think it is OK to be proud because I looked at the other moms when they had kids up there and they looked proud too!
Another class made this mural of Jesus on the cross and the last supper.
Another class made Jesus praying in the garden and entering Jerusalem.
The kindergarten class made the empty tomb! I am so impressed with all of the murals that I had to get pictures. I am sure people must think I am such a freak running up afterwards to take pictures of murals but I really loved them and wanted them documented for her scrapbook since she was so excited about Easter chapel. Amelia could feel her excitement and got really excited too! They really play off of one another which is fun now........when they are teenage girls..........maybe not so fun!