Today I had a moment that I will never forget! I have told my girls that I love them ever since they were in the womb! I was driving down the road after I had made my second trip of the morning to my daughter's preschool. It was my fault for the second trip back! I had forgotten that I had washed my daughter's coat and it was in the dryer. We go out through the garage and take our coats with us since they are a pain to have on with the car seats and I like the heater turned up, way up instead of wearing a bulky coat! (Coats are the only thing I do not like about the Winter!)
We get to preschool and I asked Amanda to grab her coat and she tells me she thought I had it! Yikes, I thought she had it. She tells me that she left it on the black chair. I remain calm and don't get mad or frustrated and tell her that I will just go back home and then put her coat on her hook outside her classroom for when she goes out to recess so not to worry! (A true mommy saves the day moment!)
She thanks me and Amelia and I head back home.
I walk in the house and look on the black chair and see the coat from last year that the poor girl had to wear yesterday since her sweet momma forgot I had her coat in the washer. Then I rememberd that today the coat was still in the dryer! (Laundry is just not my gift!)
I felt so bad that it really was my fault and was thankful that I had remained calm and not yelled at Amanda for forgetting her coat etc..........since I would have to really eat my words now that I knew it was all my fault! We go back to the school and put the jacket on the hook only to learn later that her class didn't get to go outside! Oh well!
On the way home I looked at my little Amelia back there and watched her facial expressions as we listened to some music. I could watch her all day in the mirror but unfortunately I do have to watch the road as well. I said, "I love you!" Then she replied, "Love You!"
Oh how my heart just melted because she smiled when she said it and I really think she understands receptively more than she can express right now. Although the words she expressed, was really all I needed today! But the story doesn't end there! It gets better!
We decide to run to Target to exchange a shirt I had bought for Amanda. I had a snack bag of cherry tomatoes and Amelia wanted one so I gave them to her. She said, "Momma, pretty!" I figured she was talking about the tomatoes so I agreed! Then she said it again, "Momma pretty!"
So I am just taking that as her way of making sure I knew she wasn't talking about the tomatoes!
What a beautiful gift God has given us! The gift of kind words can just light up our world!
I am so thankful for all the kind words I have received this week. Four of my girlfriends have just really brighten my life this week with their kind words, and now my daughter has added to it. I feel so blessed!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God for bringing the kind words into my life right when I really needed to hear them!