Monday, February 7, 2011

18 months

I can't believe our baby is 18 months old, a whole year and a half has passed.....and to think I do not have one picture put into her "real" scrapbook! Someday, I will get back to my traditional scrap booking......I keep buying the pages, and stickers but they just don't get done on their own, I just don't get it? Amelia is so much fun to have in our family! When I ask her who's girl she is? She says, "Mommy, Daddy, Nana, (that's what she calls Amanda) Mam-me, Papaw, and her uncle's name. What a little politician! She is talking a lot and putting two words together more and more to communicate. "More coco" is one of her favorite things to say. Unfortunately she knows that "coco" (chocolate kisses or m & m's) taste good. I will admit that Amelia has had way more coco than Amanda ever did at this age. Way more sugar, way more goldfish, but I guess that happens with number 2! After Christmas, we have been making some changes in our home and one of them is not so much coco and treats because between birthday's, parties, and holidays there was just too much sugar around here. When I gave the girls three coco kisses the other day, Amanda said, "Wow, we haven't had chocolate since last year!" It had only been two weeks, but yes, it was last year. She loves to tell me what I have or haven't done since "last year" since she understands what a New Year brings. She got to stay up til midnight and party! We had a our annual fondue party and let her stay up and now she thinks she is a "teenager" toasting in the New Year with white grape juice! I have a feeling she will be wanting to do this every year now!
Now that Amelia is communicating so much, she wants to know where "Nana" is all the time. She loves following her around and playing with her. Today she pointed to her toys and said "play." She really loves her sister and I just love to hear them laugh together and watch them play together! So fun! Of course, Amelia is in the dumping, and emptying phase, so drawers and cabinets are emptied constantly so she is keeping us on our toes and constantly putting on our shoes! (I think she is going to love shoe shopping!)


It really shocks me how babies go from not really understanding what we say to them, to knowing exactly what we are saying in such a short time!

It does make me a little sad that she is not a baby anymore and is growing up so fast so I am really trying to just cherish these special mornings and afternoons playing together, and our time together when Amanda is at preschool.


Amelia is now the age that Amanda was when we moved into our latest home. It is really hard to believe that time has gone so quickly! Another reminder to just LIVE EVERY DAY TO THE FULLEST!