Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Amanda's request

Last night I was singing in the kitchen because honestly, singing really keeps me from getting stressed out and since I was trying to get dinner on the table and clean up mess after mess....I needed a stress reliever..... not to mention as I was doing all of this I knew daddy was out at a fancy restaurant and would not be home til late.....and while I normally am totally understanding about that knowing it comes with the job and can't be helped.......after the kind of day my daughter and I had together......I just needed to sing!

Amanda really doesn't care for my voice or my singing and I am OK with that......I am well aware of my strengths, talents, weaknesses, etc....at this point in my life and very content with my talents and abilities and yes, even my weaknesses because then I have stuff to work on and believe me it is one of my full-time jobs! Amanda grew extremely frustrated with my singing and said, "Can't you just sing when I am at preschool?"

I told her that yes, I can sing while you are at preschool and the rest of the time........I will just be making a joyful noise!