Amanda helped prepare for our big snowstorms and learned about the "essentials" you need when weathering the snow storms of life! Milk, plenty of Diet Pepsi and Diet Coke for mom, ( I like to switch off and never know which one I will be in the mood for so we had to have both!)Diapers for Amelia, wipes for Amelia, Toilet paper, Popsicles for Amanda, and chocolate for all of us!



While I unloaded the groceries Amanda played in the snow we had left over from the previous "small" storm.

Of course we had to stop shopping long enough to take a picture with our Superbowl pals. The minute Amanda spotted this display she posed and then said, "can you take a picture, oh wait, let me get the flowers." I have no idea where she learned to pose like this all the time but she has had a fascination with mannequins and displays for a couple of years now. It all started when she escaped from me while walking through Macy's one day and I freaked out for a second only to look up and see her posing up on the steps right next to the mannequin. It really was cute but I was so mad/scared at her for disobeying that I didn't quite appreciate
the "cuteness" I do wonder if she will grow out of this anytime soon or is just training to be a human mannequin.


Amanda wanted to unload all of the groceries she had in her little green shopping cart and scan them too. It took a little longer and it probably wasn't smart of me to allow her to do this since everyone was out shopping for the storm but I hated to tell her no when she asked to help so I figured the people behind me could just wait. They of course didn't but went to another line. In fact, I might just do this all the time because everyone that came to our line saw how long it would be and left our line. It made me feel less pressure to be so rushed! So Amanda just might be scanning those groceries every time. She really loves it and it gives me a chance to bag them plus, I let her buy turkey hotdogs which isn't something we do too often.


The girls wore their panda outfits because this was the day our favorite panda was going to China. It really bothered and upset Amanda that a panda would have to leave it's mom and dad. She talked about it all day long. It REALLY bothered me too. As much money our country gives them by buying "made in China" products, they should just give us the panda! I tried not purchasing "made in China" products but found it impossible, but I do try to buy as much as possible from the good old USA!