Oh my goodness! I can't believe the way God has blessed us this winter with lots of snow! I love snow and the past few years we just haven't had a real "snowy winter"
I want my daughter to have fond memories of playing in the snow, making snow angels, sledding, and snowmen and I will admit I want to re-live my childhood by being out there in the snow. I told Amanda we would go out for hours and play, build snow forts, etc. My mom would call us to come in and we would strip down right at the door, she would put our wet clothes in the dryer, make us hot coco, and then by the time the clothes were dry we would get ready to go out again. This routine was repeated over and over. Our neighborhood had three Catholic families with 7 kids each so there was never a shortage of kiddos to play with. We don't have as many young kids in our neighborhood so Amanda will have to settle for her parents as playmates. :)
I love the snow when I am prepared and don't have to drive in it! I love it when it is so clean, and bright, when it first falls and the trees are all covered. Walking in it at night when it is falling is one of the most romantic things to me. So maybe hubby and I can go walking tomorrow night, although with 2 kids in tow I am not sure that it would too romantic but you never know.....
So off to the store we go! I will admit I cannot enjoy the snow unless we are fully stocked or "overstocked" my hubby would say. He thinks I am nuts and "one of those people" is what he called me when we experienced our first snow storm threat together, 2 months after we were married and I came home with more food than he ever bought in all his bachelor days put together! (the snow wasn't eventful after all but we ate well for several weeks!)
Everyone makes fun of the people who run to the store and get prepared for the storm but who doesn't do that? People really crack me up when it snows though.....today they interviewed people on the news and they said things like, "I am so sick of it," "I have had enough snow!" ha ha Like it is their choice or something they decide? Cracks me up! I say just sit back and enjoy the snow! Make a snowman, snow angel, and throw some snowballs!
Enjoy something so beautiful that only God can make happen!