Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weekend work wanted?

Amanda got a dollhouse for Christmas and I think we could give away all of her other toys and she wouldn't even notice because she's all about the dollhouse!

It came with several accessories but of course there are more we could buy to go along with it. (aren't there always more accessories to every toy, that and batteries?)
Some day when I grow up, I am going to be a toy maker and invent toys with no accessories or batteries needed. I actually had a toy like that when I was a child it was called, "mud" I didn't need anything to make all those mud pies but my hands, and I can still remember all the fun I had doing that for hours! I have to admit I am so thankful Amanda doesn't yet know about mud pies! Although, she has made dirt dessert with crushed Oreos and chocolate pudding.

Anyway, back to the dollhouse. Since we needed some more wipes we ran to Toys R Us and since Valentine's day is coming and a doll house accessory might be a nice little gift for her, I thought we should go by the dollhouse accessory aisle to see they received a new shipment in since they haven't had much since before Christmas. They had a couple of sets we didn't have so Amanda chose to use a gift card she received for Christmas to make the purchase. She was so delighted it just made her day.

When we arrived home and were getting out of the car to go inside Amanda said, "Wouldn't it be fun if we could go to Toys R US every day?"
I told her that we would run out of money if we did that and daddy works so hard each day, and proceded with my little "money lecture" of how we need to pay bills, buy food and clothes, give, save some for college and retirement, so we can't just buy toys.

Clearly, she chose to just focus on the fact I said daddy has to work hard to make money because when I was done rambling she said, "Well, maybe daddy could work on the weekends?"
I told her daddy works so hard during the week and needed to rest on the weekends. So she said, "maybe I could work on the weekends." I plan on taking her up on that starting with cleaning her room!