The girls and I were soooo excited this year because Amanda had Valentine's day off! We had already had some snow days too so we were really in the mood for some love and fun! We started the day with heart shaped cinnamon toast which is something I cannot mess up!
I told the girls I had planned a special "treasure hunt day" where I plan fun field trips and make up rhymes so the girls have to guess where we are going. I will never tell them until we get there and they see the place.....however.......since we had been stuck in the house with the snow they had more time to beg me so I told them. They were excited because then Amanda and her Megan could wear their matching American Girl dresses.

For Valentines' Day they always get a little present. The twins got Valentine outfits and Amelia was thrilled.

We had so much fun at this place posing with Isabelle....the girl of the year.

Amanda brought her money that she has been saving along with gift cards the girls received for Christmas.

We told Amanda if she wanted to buy another doll she would have to save up because isn't one doll enough? Amelia did get the twins but only because we didn't think she was old enough for the big girl doll which took a while for Amanda to understand but she got it and really thought for over a month about the purchase.

I love her eyes when she opened up her new doll. Such pride in spending her own money. She really is such a good saver and planner. She even created a budget of what she wanted to buy and how much everything was and had her dad check to "make sure everything fits my budget!" So sweet!

The new sisters meet!
We had a lovely lunch together!

All seven of us together! ha
We had an enjoyable meal together! I drank my tea since I gave up Diet Soda but for some reason the waiter brought me a refill of Diet Soda. The girls faces grew very dim and they both said, "You don't drink diet coke!" I told them the waiter made a mistake and tried it to see if I would like it and it was horrible. It only took two sips to realize I wasn't missing anything!

The girls made Valentine cards.

A very fun day!

Next we went shopping at the Disney store. We love browsing in there.

We went to Gymboree and Amelia found the dress she was wearing and asked me to take a picture! So cute!

Amanda then found the boots she was wearing and asked for a picture! ha

When we got home Amelia ran right into the snow from the car without her coat on. The girl loves her snow!

Beautiful new addition and her mommy!

We had our favorite meal for our special dinner........TACOS!

We were given a special cake since it was Valentine's day with our lunch so we saved it for dinner. I must say American Girl makes really good cake.

Amelia bought a wagon with her gift card and the twins love it

We then exchanged cards and gifts!

The next day daddy worked on painting Amanda's room! Looking good daddy!

Amelia and I made heart shaped cookies for Amanda's class to decorate at her party that was snowed out!

Amelia made a new outfit!

I let the girls decorate a cookie to see if they were good. I am not a baker at all but think I found a keeper of a recipe!

Amanda's friends had fun decorating the cookies!

We went to a community dinner with friends from school to meet the new Head of School. She was delightful and told my hubby that he had a beautiful family so she is definitely on my OK list! We are excited to have her join us this Fall at our school!
What a delightful Valentine's Day week! Oh how I love my girls!