Monday, February 9, 2009

Mini-vacation:)


Last week's trip to Great Wolf Lodge





Amanda loved pulling the rope to make the shower work.
Then she would tell daddy to "come stand right here" and spray him. Then she would laugh hysterically!










Daddy had to take a few calls here and there but that is just part of the job. (It's tough to be indispensable)
Story time-they told the kids to turn around and say, "Thank you mom and dad for taking me to Great Wolf Lodge" she did then and has done so many times since:)














The story teller wasn't as good as daddy so they didn't keep her interest.











The sweet shop there was full of anything a child could want.......what did Amanda want? "I don't want anything." We both started wondering if perhaps our hearing needed to be checked so we asked again and got the same response. She really would rather have berries:) Just as I was feeling bad she didn't want anything I see this "bratty child" under the table screaming because his mom refused to buy him ice cream, so I immediately just thanked God she wasn't like that.
























Amanda loves it when we stay at a hotel and I think its the tiny fridge:) She loves to see if anyone wants water and brings it to us:)




She loved choosing which bed she wanted and of course brought all her friends:)



















She jumped up and down on the balcony yelling, "Great Wolf Lodge" she was so excited.












Daddy let her climb up this structure all by herself when mommy wasn't around:)


To go down this big slide. She loved it!


















I tried to take a picture and got the talk to the hand sign. (Can't wait til she's a teenager)










Her new friend Wiley



















The balcony in our room














This was our view from our room which we liked:)







Getting ready to go to the water park and very excited, she was dancing around.















Skee ball is something mom loves to play so I am trying to get Amanda to love it too.....ummm if only they had bumper pads:)














Amanda calls the arcade the "acade" and loved going their almost as much as her mom and dad


We earned enough tickets for a nice puzzle












She knocked out the duck! Her bathroom is done in ducks and she has recently been asking for a princess bathroom. We told her no so I guess she is taking out her frustrations on the ducks!



















Great Wolf Lodge:)
My hubby was feeling the need to get away and of course, I am always game for that! Amanda loved going to Great Wolf Lodge last May as much as we did so we decided to go again. It is funny how the first time you go somewhere everything is fun because you are in "discovery mode" I think that is why we like to go to new places so much! This time we knew what to expect with one exception..........we hadn't been there on a Saturday before! Wow, that was a shock! We left on Thursday and there were no huge crowds at the water park that day, or even Friday, but Saturday, we couldn't even get a table to put our stuff on. (We made a note to ourselves to make sure we don't go on a Saturday again) Although, the lines for the orange and green slides were longer to wait in.......that didn't stop our little mermaid from going down them constantly. The one day she did them non-stop for 2 hours! She really loves the water slides:) I was kinda shocked that she didn't get a little scared and even more shocked after I had taken a little nap in the room to come back to the water park to discover that my sweet husband had allowed her to climb the structure to get to the slides ALL BY HERSELF! He did warn her that it was something mommy probably wouldn't allow her to do once I got there. Although, I did a few times, while he took a phone call but I have to say seeing my baby climb up that four story structure by herself made me realize, SHE'S NOT A BABY ANYMORE! She told me she wanted to go by herself and I could catch her at the bottom! It made my heart pound in fear each time, but I let her do it:)
We discovered the best barbecue I have ever had in my life place! We ate there twice, thanks for the heads up (R) we loved it! They had really good green beans too! I wish I could make barbecue like that! My husband and I loved it, and Amanda said, "this is the best chicken I have had in my life!"

We came home on Sunday night, rested and relaxed, and ready to face a busy week! My mom's group meeting tonight, Amanda's sports class on Tuesday, Wednesday bible study for mommy and Amanda's cow club class, Thursday, Amanda's friend is having a Valentines party, Friday-we are making Valentine's day cookies, and then Saturday we have Amanda's tumbling class and our moms group is having a big pancake breakfast for all of the families:) How is that for a week? Pretty busy, but would we really want it any other way???????????