Monday, October 13, 2008

My Brain made me do it!

Well, this is a new one for us........our little darling loves to take baths and in the past she has enjoyed experimenting with the water. She use to love throwing the water out of the tub, but after being told "no" many times she stopped with the water experiments. Until tonight......we had just finished hand painting a plastic pumpkin. (I got the idea at the convention I attended.) There were two gals who you can learn more about at http://www.generouskids.com/ who teach parents to teach their kids how to be kind and generous to others at a young age. Since this is one of the top traits I want to instill in Amanda, I thought they had some good ideas.

You have your child paint a plastic pumpkin (the one they showed us was white) with different colored hand prints. You are suppose to give the pumpkin away as a gift to teach your child to be generous, however we are keeping it as a keepsake/date evaluator to take out every fall and see those little darling hand prints. (we will find another project to teach Amanda to be generous)

I think it will be so sweet in 30 years, when she has a date over and we have it setting out. I guess that is how I will be able to tell if he is good enough for my daughter to date by his response. If he says, how cute it is, he will be a keeper. But if he dares to make fun of my daughter's artwork.........he will be shown the door:)

Anyhow, after completing this lovely project in which Amanda kept saying, "oh, I am having so much fun, I like this!" So sweet! She needed a bath but she told me that I could not give her a bath only daddy because....."he is the best" Actually, I am not offended that he is the best at giving her a bath because it gives me some extra time to myself:) Yes, not being the best really pays off at our house! If only I could not be the best at cooking, I would have it made around here:)

After the bath, Amanda came downstairs and told me "my brain told me to throw the water out of the bath tub." I said, "really, your brain did that?" Amanda said,"Yes, my brain told me and daddy got really mad!" Priceless, priceless, priceless is all I can say! I am so glad she blamed her brain, and not me! BTW-when my hubby is "mad" at our daughter, you wouldn't know it:) She is a daddy's girl in the evenings/weekends, and a mommy's girl in the daytime, and that is just the way we like it!