You would never guess what we found to do this weekend for our family fun day??????? I will give you a hint.....we have been to 2 already and have 2 more to go to? Give up? A Fall Festival or Community days they tend to call them around here, at another church. We had so much fun!
This is a church that one of my hubby's former coworker attends:) Did I mention we had a blast? We stayed until it shut down! Amanda started the day with her art class with daddy where she made the letter E this week:) The class is only 10 or so weeks long so they won't be getting through the entire alphabet but that's OK, I think I might be able to manage the letters they don't get to.
As soon as they came home we were off to the festival. We were surprised with all they had there. Of course, the slide moon bounce was her favorite which we expected considering how much she loved it when we found one when we were at Chincoteague in August. (yes, I know I still haven't posted those great pics from that trip but it is so hard to keep up, I promise before the year is out if I don't forget) ha
There was also a train that we all got to ride around the parking lot, and Amanda was waving to everyone! Whenever she saw the train go by the entire day she stopped and waved at all the people. I must say I thought it was so sweet that she would stop and wave and was slightly, OK seriously bothered, by the adults who never waved back. Hello, it takes 2 secs to wave to a child, actually I take that back I just tried it and it is only 1/2 of a second if you do a regular wave and 1 second for the princess wave:) Ask my hubby for lessons in doing the princess wave if needed because he was actually practicing it when we watched The Princess Diaries on Saturday night:) He's really good at it now but it took some major practice!
The next favorite thing I think was the other moon bounce, and then of course a ride similar to the tea cup ride but they were just little carts not tea cups. She loved that and rode with a sweet little gal who even helped her off the ride:) My hubby remarked how glad he is that she isn't scared of rides:) (he enjoys all kinds roller coasters) I only like them if they don't flip upside down which is rare to find one that doesn't do that these days:)
We begged Amanda to do the cake walk where she could win a cupcake....but the child just wouldn't do it. So I stepped in for her because that is one of my favorite childhood memories of the day I came home with 2 cakes I had won at the fun fair! I remember that just like it was yesterday.
I just love cake walks, but after playing several times and looking around and realizing that I was the only adult playing......I decided it was time to stop even though my sweet husband encouraged me to go on, I just couldn't stand the humiliation of not winning and being the only adult any longer!
This fair had live entertainment on a little stage. Amanda enjoyed eating her hot dog and listening to these older gentlemen sing some songs that honestly, I have never heard before. Maybe they wrote them.
There were also some little girls who tap danced to "School Days" that was really cute! There was a police man there with a police car and the children could climb in only my camera battery had died by the time we got to that.
They also had a petting zoo which Amanda was allowed to go in and pet the chickens, ducks, bunnies, goat, llama, and tiny miniature horse. Of course, she didn't want to pet a thing! (A child after my own heart! I finally have evidence that she is actually my child)
Amanda played a couple of games like the beanbag toss, fishing game, and the ring toss. The ring toss was adorable! They had taken full bottles of water and duct taped them down to the board so they could just drink the water later and that way the bottles wouldn't tip over, very clever I thought! Amanda was allowed to pick a prize from a large bin of stuff that parents consider junk but children just get so excited over.
They had a fabulous face painter there but Amanda didn't want her face painted which did shock us since she loved that this summer at a VBS program she attended.
They had pony rides there so of course my little equestrian enjoyed that. The lady who works with the horses told me Amanda is a great rider and wondered if we had a big back yard. ha I had to laugh at that one. I am sure our neighbors would appreciate us having a pony in the back yard. Although, I must admit I thought about stealing one of their goats to chew up a few signs in our neighborhood that say, "Obama" we have 8 now!
This church has a preschool there so they had a wonderful playground that Amanda had to try out:) We had a lot of fun and closed the place down literally. They were deflating the moon bounce while we were convincing Amanda that it was over and time to go.
On the way home we decided to stop and have some precious keys made. (if you don't know why you will just have to read several posts back because I am certainly not retelling that "making Lemonade kinda day" We discovered another little festival going on and had a chance to meet Mr. Oktoberfest, have a lady make Amanda a balloon, and play a baseball tossing game in which Amanda won yet another lovely prize to clutter our home!
We decided to have an early, really early dinner at one our favorite Mexican restaurants and then spend the rest of the evening watching movies and relaxing. We rented Cinderella 2 over Ironman, which is just something you have to do when you are watching a moving with an almost 3 year old and wife that likes Disney movies:) I fell asleep right before the end so I am not sure how it ended but the part I saw was really cute:) We also watched Princess Diaries which we have seen before but it is cute so we watched it again. My poor husband is such a good sport about watching all these princess movies so I think he is definitely going to get to pick the movie next time.
Sunday we went to church and out to lunch with mammaw and pappaw and then home for a family nap! Today, hubby had off so we enjoyed a nice lunch out and then spent the rest of the day cleaning, getting things ready for the week, and painting:) We had a fun weekend as a family doing fun things, and then even some of the mundane tasks of life because we were just TOGETHER with no agenda and that is just how we like to spend our weekends but rarely get to because they are always so full and so planned but I guess we are the ones who do that huh????? What are we thinking?
I will update the blog later with pics so you all come back now!