Thursday, December 27, 2012

December Fun 2012!

I am starting to think I will never catch up on my scrap booking because here I am at the end of December and have been too busy to blog about how wonderful December has been for our family! So here it goes, we started the month off by going away for the weekend. We went and stayed at the Gaylord for the weekend to enjoy the fun, and festive atmosphere there.
We have gone the past four years so I guess it has become a tradition, but.......since Marriott now owns the Gaylord hotels......our room was a step up with a fabulous view. They have 18 floors for guest.........we were on the 17th..........which was fun for the girls.....scary for me, because they were thrilled with sitting out on the balcony and looking down into the lobby......it totally freaked me out since heights and I do not mixed all that well and I had visions of what could happen off of the balcony if they got too close and those visions were not of sugarplum fairies!


They would have sat out there for hours if I let them.......


The view was cool if I didn't look down........

at night they have a light show and fountain show. It was nice to watch from the balcony and avoid the crowds.

We had fun making Gingerbread men. Daddy made one!

I made one!

Amelia tried to make one but ate more than she decorated.....she was really into it.


Daddy introduced his man to my girl......I guess we will have to check back next year to see how their date went!

The girls enjoyed the train...although Amanda admitted she just rode on it to be with Amelia since she is "too old for trains now" ha ha It is fun having a seven year old teenager in the house sometimes!


Amanda really enjoyed decorating her gingerbread person!

The main attraction was to see the Ice exhibit. They change the theme yearly and this year it was Shrek the Halls and we like Shrek at our house.


The only thing about going through is.....it is very cold and Amelia hated wearing two coats and refused to wear a hat and mittens.


We loved seeing all the ice sculptures and it is amazing how real everything looks and it is all made from ice.....our favorite of course is the nativity.......so pretty!


Red nosed Amelia was ready to get out of there!

We love the ice slides and ALL four of us went down them, so fun!



The nativity lit up!

Back to the train a few more times.......


The next day we toured the city and ate at a yummy hamburger place. We tried once again to get into a restaurant that has more than one type of Ketchup but were unsuccessful.......one day we will eat there!


We had a nice view of the boats docked on the lovely, clear blue Potomac river! (Kidding about the nice river, it really is gross and I have heard people swim in it.)

Amelia loved the fountains and loved getting wet because they spray so high up and if you are in the right place at the right time you get wet. She just thought it was the coolest thing!


Amelia didn't want to watch the fun light show and wanted to watch TV instead. There is something about TV in a hotel room that excites our girls!

The pretty light show! Daddy took the girls to the pool that night so I could have some much needed "me time" and I was asleep by 7:30! I guess I needed to catch up on my sleep! Thank you daddy, I don't need diamonds to make me happy, just sleep!

The glass tree is so pretty!

The girls with Gingy!



Amanda pretending to be room service something both of them enjoy! Again, eating breakfast in a hotel room is just one of their favorite things about going away! I like it too! Daddy doesn't get it but he has more opportunities for room service than we do!

They loved walking ahead to get to the room.....it was cute!

The scary balcony!

What a nice little get away! Thank you Marriott for buying out the Gaylord........there was a time I didn't ever want to stay there again because I thought it was dirty once when we stayed there but they have cleaned it up and have
 it running a whole lot better! What a fun time!