Where have you been? Where are those long-winded, so not concise, but updates and adorable pictures of those precious girls? Well, thanks for asking............we have been a little more than busy the past few months to really keep the blog updated and well, in all honesty..........as much as I hate to admit it.....I lost my new camera so I had lots of adorable pictures to upload and share......just couldn't.
Just so you know......I do try NOT to lose or even drop my camera but it is kinda like backing out of the garage, I don't try and hit the door....IT JUST HAPPENS!
I was so upset with myself for losing my new camera especially since hubby was so sweet to get me a new one for Christmas knowing that I damaged the one I had by dropping it a few times.... I searched high and low, and low and high, and knew the last time I had it was when I was downstairs and built a really cool fort with my girls. We took the tunnel, ball pit, playhouse, and a large box and connected them, then added several other smaller boxes to it, it really is cool and I was a really cool mom in my daughter's eyes and that isn't always the case now that she is five so.........I had to take pictures to prove my 15 minutes of being a cool mom!
That is the last time I remember having the new camera. I was so bummed because all of the Easter pictures, and Mother's day pictures, etc were on that camera. Of course, since hubby missed spending Easter and Mother's day with us this year, he really wanted to see those pictures!!!!!!!!!!!
This week I got down right sad about losing my camera and I figured it wasn't in the house since I had looked every where that just maybe I would find it in that mess we call a car. So, I cleaned and cleaned, literally for two days and took it to get detailed and washed only to find a ton of goldfish, but no camera!
So, I prayed on Thursday morning that I would find it or know somehow that it was lost forever and get over it. (yes, I had planned to grieve over those lost photos, all three hundred of them)
I told God that he promised in his word that if we seek, we shall find, so to please let me find!!!!! That afternoon I decided that it was a lost cause because there was no way that it was anywhere since there was no place else to look. I know my hubby was secretly a little ticked off at me for losing the camera but he was sweet enough to not let me know verbally! (Amazing what almost 7 years of marriage can teach a person!)
I called my parents to meet us for lunch since I needed to see them to feel better! We ate lunch, I put Amelia down for a nap, and then I told Amanda I would go downstairs and look just one more time..........I went and once again opened up the chairs downstairs and looked under and found a little snake! Thank God it was plastic! I am still thinking Amanda put it there on purpose.....then just as I was getting off the floor I looked into the crevice of the chair and guess what I found? Well, if you live anywhere within 2o miles of us, you probably already know because you heard my screams of praise!!!!!! My camera was hiding in the crevice of the chair (if it had been a snake it would have bit me) that I had looked, and hubby had even checked......I am soooo thankful so now we can catch up on pictures and download them onto the computer and into the blog! So, just be patient.......those pictures are coming but before they do I have to brag............tonight I took the girls to a farmer's market and out to dinner.......the man behind us sneezed and Amelia quickly yelled, "BLESS YOU!"
I had no idea she knew to say that when someone sneezes. We usually say, "God bless you" so I don't think she learned it from us.
Her language skills both receptive and expressive continue to put a smile on my face. She really cracks me up. Some words are very clear and at other times I have to listen and over and over to understand what it is she is trying to say.
When I give her something she likes or wants, she usually says, "thank you mommy" and my heart melts because I didn't tell her to say it she just does it. I love it when she tells Amanda, "Thank you manna." Yes, she still calls Amanda "Manna" or sometimes, "Manda" and she calls herself, "Mia" which I find very interesting since I have heard that is a nickname for Amelia but we didn't teach it to her, she taught herself.
You know if I brag on one daughter........I have to brag on the other but you don't have to keep reading.......Are you still there? Good, you will be blessed you know for staying with me!
On Sunday Amanda's dream came true and we finally got out the piano keyboard for her. I printed out some music and started teaching her to play the piano and surprisingly, she was able to play a song within minutes! Somehow she memorizes the notes, (there were only three or four in this particular song..) Then I played it and was looking at the music for the next note and she yelled across the room, "G is the next note!" HELLO? She was right! I just couldn't believe she could memorize so quickly! I have no idea when I started taking lessons and am now wondering if I should start Amanda with private lessons? She is currently learning to play mammaw and one song for pappaw for their upcoming birthdays in July! I have no doubt she will be able to play those two songs with the way she is soooo motivated to practice even when I run upstairs etc...... I couldn't be happier! I love that she wants to learn to play and am learning all over again!