Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Sister Fun!

The minute I heard "It's a girl" in the delivery room over five years ago, I was so happy to have the "girl" I always wanted. When we found out we were having girl number two, I was just as thrilled because I knew eventually they would play together and really have fun as sisters and what fun we are having!!!! I am sure life is fun with boys too because I know some precious little boys, but I have to admit I think God knew what he was doing when he gave me girls! (Check back with me though when we are treading water throughout the teen years!) Amanda-"Run sissy Run!" Amelia-"I am trying but these boots momma has me in are making it hard to run! Amanda-"Oh sissy, how well I know. I will let you in on a little secret, Momma isn't the best shoe shopper for kids, she tends to mess up the sizes. Do yourself a favor and get dad to take you shoe shopping he is so much better at it. Why he gets the right size and much better quality shoes for a good price!" Amanda-"Mom is good at making dinner though and she is really good at picking out stuff for the dollhouse!" Amanda loved Minnie and Mickey Mouse around the age of two and even had a Mickey's Clubhouse birthday party when she turned two. Then she got into other things. This past month Amelia has developed a new fondness for Mickey and Friends so her big sister now watches it with her even though she has grown out of it. I think that is so sweet. When Amelia is upset, Amanda will ask if she can watch Minnie with her! We were thrilled when Elmo and his car died at the toy store and they replaced him with Mickey! Sorry, Elmo but your voice annoys us!


















Amelia's first ice cream cone at B&R! Amanda ran upstairs and got her two gift certificates for B&R the minute I said we would go there. She came downstairs and said, "I will treat!" I told her she didn't have to but she insisted. She received them as a party favor at a birthday party she went to recently. I thought that was a fabulous idea instead of party bags filled with those lovely, tiny toys/treasures that clutter your home and your toddler is constantly putting in her mouth.







Amelia loves to people watch/stare in public just like her big sis does! (They must get that bad habit from their dad!)











Amanda was thrilled when mommy was having a stressful day and Amelia refused to nap so mommy said, "Let's just go get ice cream!"


Amanda is even considering paying her sister to refuse to nap more often.......





















Amelia says, "Do I really look like I need a nap?"


















This was the first year we didn't get to a Dr. Seuss birthday party at the library or the teacher store so we just dug out mommy's old mask from her teaching days and had our own party!

I adore watching the girls play, laugh, and hug, with one another!

Thank you God for the wonderful bond siblings have and giving me girls!