October is one of our favorite months of the year!
We love the Fall! Ok, I love the Fall. Amanda has informed me that she likes the Spring because she doesn't like the wind in the Fall. (ha ah) Even though she doesn't like the Fall, it isn't going to stop me from teaching her about it. This week we talked about how the leaves change colors, and made leaf wreaths. She was very meticulous about her wreath and putting the glue on "just so!" We hung it on one of our doors so we can all enjoy it!
I was sharing with Amanda how fun it is to rake up leaves and then jump in them and how I did this for hours as a little girl. I loved playing in the leaves and one time made a really cool house with them. Unfortunately, we do not have a lot of trees that shed leaves so we won't have enough to jump in but I told her maybe Mamaw and Papaw will. Maybe I can rake up some leaves somewhere and put them in trash bags and bring them over to our house to play. (not sure daddy will approve that fun idea though) I think he likes not having to rake up leaves in our yard.
Amanda cleaned the windows with Windex for me and kept asking, "are there anymore windows I can clean?" There will be next week but this week we are having our house painted on the outside so I told her that can be next week's project. I don't know where this new fondness came to clean windows and dust but I have been loving it the past few days:) After she cleaned the windows she decorated them all by herself. When she realized she couldn't reach the top, she went and got her Princess stool out of the bathroom so she could reach to clean and decorate.(yes, she is still in her PJ's and wore them all day) I am trying to teach her that it is fun to stay in your PJ's on a cold and rainy day! So fun!