Umm...I guess I haven't blogged in a week? I must be cured from my Internet addiction!
Nope, just busy! We have been busy since we returned from vacation. On Monday, we took a very long walk and met a "new lady" as Amanda puts it. She is a new neighbor we hadn't met yet and she joined us for our walk. We had a lovely talk and found out that she babysits when she is home from college......then we decided to hit the pool and we had a lot of fun hanging out with our friends there.
Tuesday, we finally made it to our Gymboree class that we missed last week for vacation and the week prior due to VBS. We did our little ritual of riding the horses and of course Amanda talked me into letting her ride it twice. We then had lunch at our favorite family restaurant and were surprised when we walked in to see mamaw and papaw there, so we crashed their romantic lunch!
Wednesday-we had planned to go with our friend Ashley to the water park but Amanda got a fever out of no where late Tuesday night so we stay home.......we were both bummed......Amanda was suppose to go hang out with M and P Wednesday night while we went to small group but since she had a fever we canceled and boy did she get upset! She just sobbed and sobbed like she was broken hearted and would be forever! It was so sad!
SO, mamaw saved the night by promising her that if she woke up fever free on Thursday she would race on over and spend the day doing something fun with her at their house. Wouldn't you know it she woke up a little before 8 and had me feel her forehead and it wasn't hot. Then she said, "I have to get dressed and call mamaw and papaw" I hated for her to call so early so I talked her into watching her new favorite show (Pinky Dinky Doo) and then calling. I really like this show and find it to be something good on TV! The little girl and boy go to the story box and she makes up a story and then they review the story and ask what happened first, next, and then last. Amanda really listened and answered all the questions correct. I think this is going to be my new favorite show too! After we watched the show Amanda called mamaw and asked "when they were coming to pick her up?" They came after pappaw watched the basketball game and it was almost time for an early lunch so they took her out and I followed them so we could eat together. Then Amanda went with them and as they all walked away together hand in hand, I could only say, "thank you God for giving me such a wonderful set of parents who adore my daughter as much as she adores them!" I know so many cranky older people who just don't act like they like kids and I am so thankful my parents are not that way. It does make me wonder when I see older folks out and about acting like my child is annoying them........if they ever liked children or if they have just become so self-absorb in their old age? I do wonder!
Amanda had a wonderful time spending the day playing and learning how to "take care of the flowers" she was given a hose to water the flowers but ended up turning it on poor mamaw and then started chasing her around the yard with it! I do not know where my child learned this behavior because I only did that once last year and she loved it but I don't think she could remember that far back.................she must have learned it from another member of our family:)
(not about to mention any names) Sorry my daughter soaked ya mom but it will teach you to not give her a hose!
Friday-wasn't as exciting since we had a workman here all day long. I do not know what it is about having workman in my house other than it just makes me nervous and a little on edge and well, grouchy....I haven't figured out why yet.....I guess because I know I am stuck in the house all day and I hate that! Tomorrow, we are going to have a family fun day starting with all three of us going to Amanda's last movement class. Normally, the Saturday classes are just for daddy and Amanda to go to since I get to have fun with her all week while he is at work. But Amanda is making a special exception for tomorrow! It must be her "responsibility" that is her new line this week to us, "it is your responsibility" I can't imagine where she got that one? Oh, I almost forgot! Amanda woke up the other day and said, "I am not wearing diapers, and no pull ups, only big girl panties. I must say she is doing quite well with them:) Yay Amanda! But.....
The best part of the week is the great news we received that my brother in law's dad's quadruple bi-pass went well on Thursday and he can come home on Tuesday! God answered a lot of prayers and proved once again to us that he is so good!