Amanda loved meeting her new playmate and enjoyed playing with his toys! Thanks for sharing baby Nicholas, we can't wait to play again!

Amanda and her friend had a tea party:)

Tea party fun!

Fun at our local pool:) They have a playground there also that Amanda loves almost as much as the pool. She just loves to climb!
She looks so grown up to me in this pic! I cannot believe how quickly time has gone!
Today was just plain fun!We woke up, did some laundry. Amanda is a great helper w/ cleaning out the dryer vent and taking clothes out of the dryer!( you go girl) I figure at this rate she will be doing her own laundry at the age of four and mine at the age of 5, and maybe by 6 daddy's.
Of course I am only kidding! Considering I was the kid that before I went to college my mom had to literally write out notes to teach me to do my own laundry......she won't be doing her own at 5 although it sure would be nice considering she is going through more outfits a day than when she did when she was a newborn. She loves to change into the "extra outfit" since she knows we take one everywhere we go and hates to have anything on her! And I thought she was going to be a tomboy?
I am happy to report that today Amanda wore panties all day long with zero accidents! I am so proud of her and yes, I know that might not be exciting news to everyone but when you have tried for a very long time to potty train your child it is HUGE! I think potty training is really the only thing so far (along with spanking) that I haven't enjoyed in
my ever growing job requirements of being a mom!After doing laundry we went over to play with a friend. We both had a wonderful time:) The girls had a fun time playing and they even fed us lunch! It is so nice when your daughter is friends with your friend's daughter:) We love play dates!
Next we were off to see new baby Nicholas:) A friend of mine who just had the sweetest baby boy! Watching him just sleep on his mommy's chest made me have flashbacks to the days where I got nothing done because I would just sit and hold my baby. ( I used the excuse that she would cry or wake up the minute I put her down just so I could hold her all day) I would wake up with great expectations of getting things done.........but you know, I decided those things could wait because those months just flew bye and I had to enjoy them and boy did I ever even though I didn't get as much as I would have liked done that day!
Then I started thinking........not much has changed today! I still don't get much done but not because I am holding Amanda all day but because we are going fun places, having tea parties, playing hide and seek, shopping, play dates, swimming, dressing and undressing those little baby dolls over and over again, reading the same books over and over, watching a TV show together, cooking together, etc and you know, my attitude is still the same as it was those first few weeks.........yes, I have a lot to get done, but most of it can wait because these "fun days" can never be replace and some day she won't want me to come hang out with her because she will be embarrassed to have mom hang out with her friends. (What a sad day that will be!)
Amanda was so sweet towards baby Nicholas and would just look at him and even told me to "shhh mommy, talk in a quiet voice" when he was sleeping:) She will be a great big sister one day and has been asking a lot about her new baby sister and when she will be here. She even asked me the other day driving down the road, "mommy when is Jesus going to put my baby sister in your tummy?" ha ha A few months ago, she ran to the door when I said we had a package, and said, "oh maybe it is my baby sister!" She has even decided when her baby sister arrives she can sleep in her big girl bed with her:)
Ever since one of her friends had a sister in February, she thinks she is getting a sister too. Now another friend is getting a sister so she is talking about her getting a sister even more! It really is fun to listen too:) All I can say is no, I don't have anything to announce at this time:) I don't know how my friends who have two do it! I really do admire them. I met a lady with 6 kids the other day! Fortunately, I didn't say, "oh that must be awful!" like I did at a baby shower for my friend a few months ago! She told me she had a boy and then had twin boys and it just flew right out of my mouth! I guess because I just can't fathom it but I do hope God eventually gives her a baby sister because she is going to be very disappointed if he doesn't. Until then, we will just enjoy all of our friends and their babies:)