Monday, March 17, 2014

Can I catch up before I forget the past three months.....?

December 2013 Amelia hosted her fourth annual gingerbread house party! She wanted to invite her entire class and we did! Amelia really enjoyed herself and it was fun to watch her with her little friends.



I love this annual tradition so much!



We continued our Advent traditions and attended Advent services at her school.



We had fun hosting several Christmas dinners!

Amanda hosted a Gingerbread party at her school as well. (I wonder at what age the teacher won't allow us to do this?)




The kids had a blast and were so appreciative.




Amanda loved it! Right after the party we went to her Christmas show. She sand several songs with her class and then this year performed for the first time with the Junior Choir!

We had front row seats to the show along with prime time parking reserved just for us from the Auction we attended in the Spring. So nice and worth every penny!

I love that they have a Christmas tree on stage even though it is not a Christian school. This would have never happened at either of the schools I taught at when teaching in the public schools which I personally find wrong.
We found a local walk-through display of Christmas lights and really enjoyed walking through to see them...might have to add this to the list of traditions.







   

 
The girls enjoyed themselves and it was a seasonably warm night. Afterwards, we roasted marshmallows over the open camp fire. The girls had never done this before and loved it!

 
There was a tree lighting show set to music that was nice to watch.


    

 

       


 

 




 
Hubby and I were reminded that we went to a wedding once held at this garden a few years ago, sadly that couple are now divorcing! It makes you realize how blessed we really are! What a fun family time!
We met our cousins for dinner and then went over to Grandma's to exchange gifts with them.




We loved the Gingerbread house at the restaurant.

We attended Christmas Eve services at our church! One of my favorite services.




This Christmas Eve I we all received matching footed pjs! (Hubby humored me and wore them but I really do not think he liked them too much!

 
 
Amelia really "poses" for pictures a little too much!
I think this year we broke a record number of ornaments so we just left the little vacuum out! ha It was a little surprising considering the girls are getting older to break so many ornaments but I honestly, I broke a few myself!