Thursday, March 28, 2013

Sophia The First Party!/January 2013



 
 
We are still running behind in the blog world but that is just life right now! January started with Amelia hosting a Sophia The First Viewing Party. Who is Sophia?
Meet Disney's latest Princess......Sophia The First! She is adorable but not ready to be a princess! There is not much out there yet, but come March you will see more of her in the stores and she is even coming to a show at Playhouse Disney in Orlando soon! (I think she knocked out Handy Mandy!)

So she will be popular everywhere soon I think, but right now, she is very popular at our house!
Amelia loves her and loves to watch her show. I do too!
Unfortunately, a new episode only comes out once a week......so I pretty much have all the songs, and shows memorized now! It is a sweet show!



Amelia invited a few friends over to dress like a princess, and watch Sophia while they munched on popcorn. She thought it was really cool to have friends over to watch Sophia!
We colored carriages and Amanda made one when she got home from school!) She was bummed to have school and miss the party....but she would never admit that to anyone but me! (She really likes the show but shhhh...don't tell!) I am glad she does and will keep her as young as I can for as long as I can.......

 The girls had fun coloring the carriages.    Amanda's carriage.


The girls and I decided it would be fun to make a carriage one day because we had watched Cinderella so we painted one and used it at the party!

They had so much fun painting!




It did get messy........but isn't anything really fun and spontaneous and  memorable messy?


I loved how they helped each other!



 The back of the carriage was a pumpkin.

 Our beautiful carriage and all it took was a table, paint, cardboard, ribbon, 4 fancy paper plates, four brads, and some Velcro. What I really like about it is we simply take the three cardboard pieces off and can store them until the next princess playdate/party!

The girls had sooo much fun playing in the carriage!

 


  
 People wonder what I do in my spare time?

Why I don't work full time?

Well, I am in the princess carriage making business and believe me, it is a full time job!

The hours are long, but my princesses are worth it!


I think the old rocking horse was happy to be played with once again!


Back to the party...........

I set up a little table for the princesses. We blew a pic of Sophia up and stuck her against a cup for place cards. Amelia enjoys playing with still! It makes a nice hand puppet too!


The girls had goldfish, little purple candies, and Amelia's favorite Pink lemonade and strawberry cream cheese castle shaped sandwiches. Amelia loved it!

When she woke up in the morning and saw the table she said, "Oh mommy, I love it." She ran up and gave me a big hug and said, "You made me sooooo happy!"

Yes, I do have to write things down that my girls say because.........one day.......I have heard when they become teens they change overnight! (I wouldn't know since I was such a perfect teen!) ha ha

My sweet princess!

The princesses sat in the royal thrones to watch the show.
They played in the carriage too.


So sweet! I just love this age!

 
For dessert we made frozen bananas dipped in purple chocolate......the recipe was really for Cinderella and you were suppose to use brownies but we were trying to be healthier......I think brownies would have been better without the purple chocolate! I saw a pan one day at the craft store for making cone shaped cupcakes that would be perfect for making a Sophia cupcake......I am keeping it in mind just in case she might want a Sophia The First Birthday party......although, she will probably be into something else by then so I will just enjoy the sweet Sophia moments now!