The next day off started early since we had a teacher conference with Amanda's teacher. Her teacher told me all about how wonderful our kindergartner is doing and I was so thrilled to hear that Amanda is a good friend to all even when she doesn't really want to be! In other words, she is nice and plays with the girl who she claims is the "mean girl" even when she doesn't want to. I am so happy to hear that she is a kind friend, even when others are not! A good lesson for me! She is always teaching me something!
In the June primary I made a huge mistake. I used to be so up on all the candidates and really into politics but once I had kids my main focus is them so unfortunately I am not as up on the local candidates as I should be right now other than knowing that 99.9 percent of all politicians are pretty much
egotistical liars. I am not as up on them as I once was, so before the primary I went to look up some candidates and I looked up some Republicans and wrote their names down. When I got to the polls their names weren't there so I figured I better just guess because I had just given my girls this talk about how important it is to vote and never miss an election because of all of the men and women that have given up their lives for our freedom........so I guessed even though I hadn't heard of any of these candidates before. I have never ever done this and can't even believe I would admit such a mistake but there you have it! Later....I found out that the reason all of those Republican names weren't on the ballot was because I had voted in a Democratic primary! Yikes, now we are on a list and getting all these Democratic candidates calling our home and sending us their flyer's!
Oh my those Dem's are persistent but at least now I have Amanda checking up on me and making sure I know who the Republicans are this time election and I have a feeling she will be checking up on me every election day since I have told her how important it is to vote, and now she is telling me how important it is to vote Republican! Ummm....maybe I have a future politician on my hands....well, at least I know she will not be egotistical or a liar, so maybe she would be a good candidate, we will have to wait and see!