Friday, August 13, 2010

Gymbo camp

Where did July go? We are so far behind on the blog or what has sadly become the girls scrapbook. I really do plan on making real scrapbooks and have a full drawer full of supplies just waiting to be used....if only, I could find some time to attend crop night!






Amanda attended Gymbo camp for the second summer in a row. She loved it so much last year that we decided to do it again only we went to another location since the center we attended in the past is going to be moving so they could not hold camp there this year. At first, I was a little bummed since we wouldn't have the same fun teachers I trusted, and even more bummed after meeting Amanda's new one. It was clear to me that the kids she had in her current classes were her little perfect favorites, when one of them hit my daughter. I have told Amanda to not hit back and not to tell the teacher unless the other child will not stop once you ask them to do so. She told me she told the teacher and told her again in front of me at pick up time and the teacher just ignored what she said because she made it clear that the hitter was in her current class and a favorite. Every teacher has a favorite and that is OK with me, it doesn't have to be mine, but just don't make it so obvious in front of me or my child and we will get along just fine!










Amanda was allowed to stay and play at open gym after the camp so Amelia and I tagged along.


Amelia made a friend!











It was Amelia's first time at any open gym and she had no fear! She climbed up a mountain of gym mats three feet off the ground with ease.


She is a dare devil, Amanda was never like this, she was very cautious! Amelia will try and climb up anything she can and she is quick!














The teacher warmed up to Amanda after the first week. How could she not? She warmed up to me too, but it took a week longer.
Once I told her I was a former special education teacher, she liked me.



Where did my friend go? Every girl needs a friend in the "same boat!"





Amanda had a blast showing Amelia the ropes, we are hoping to enroll Amelia in a class this Fall but with our crazy schedule we are not sure it is going to happen..........
How it can just be August, yet almost every weekend in October and November is already planned and full? It really is beyond me, and to think they are not even teenagers yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Just give me a ball and I am happy. We have quite the stash of balls at home and Amelia loves to play with them!




























Peek-a-boo!













Girls just wanna have fun!
































I loved the teacher's assistant.
She was bubbly which I like to see in a teacher! I know not everyone likes bubbly teachers because the teacher I teamed with couldn't stand me or my personality. Let's just say she wasn't full of joy or contentment! Definitely not bubbly!




















Amanda has really grown up this past summer. Every class we have attended has resulted in a new friend for her, more playdates, and more mommy friends for me. I am loving summer!











The most exciting part of camp was that Amanda got her first crush! She is in love and his mom wants to do a play date!
She is all he talks about at home with his dad his mom said! He told them that Amanda is his girlfriend and the teacher told me the same thing! So I asked Amanda and she said he is her boyfriend. His mom hasn't called yet and she keeps asking me when the playdate is going to be! ha ha